Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Black vinyl headlight surrounds in the U.K.?

CarreraMonkey said:
Phil 997 said:
Boba I agree, I know we are thinking the same as someone who has only fitted half an aero kit in the picture

I kind of like that look! :lol:

From that angle I dont hate it but from side and behind shot it would look like it was missing something but thats just MyOp, it might work better on a fat bum car than a narrow bum with no rear spoiler as it would look a bit better balanced. There are plenty that like the aero/gt3 front but don't really like big wings on modern pork. :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Boba I agree, I know we are thinking the same as someone who has only fitted half an aero kit in the picture but that's the yanks for you :floor: but the black on black does look nice, now whether you buy the carbon and paint it body colour or go for the vinyl is personal choice and you need to be sure the two blacks don't look odd together. as I said further up the thread don't be tempted to buy the plastic/pu ones as they are quite thick and don't sit flush with the bodywork :thumb:

That picture is not inspiring me at all !!

It looks like a 996 conversion at best with the light covers you get to hide the Fried eggs to finish it off. I think they look better with a contrast.

Not sure these are for me now but thanks to you and CarreraMonkey for the input and pictures.

Boba fett said:
]

That picture is not inspiring me at all !!

It looks like a 996 conversion at best with the light covers you get to hide the Fried eggs to finish it off. I think they look better with a contrast.

Not sure these are for me now but thanks to you and CarreraMonkey for the input and pictures.

I do think they look better on light coloured cars for sure.

OK, so I've got 10 sets of these (in black) coming over. They gave me a small discount (free shipping) so we're looking at £55 a set inc. UK postage.

WildeJ and I are down for a set each. JohnH has one reserved if he wants it.

I'm thinking I'll give people on here first dibs and then sell the rest on ebay with a small mark up to cover 'administration costs'.

Give me a shout if you want a set.

Cheers

Monkey

Arrrg, this forum :wink:

Yes please, I'd like set, thanks for sorting, they'll look good with silver body, black wheels, decals and roof :thumb:

MJA911 said:
Arrrg, this forum :wink:

Yes please, I'd like set, thanks for sorting, they'll look good with silver body, black wheels, decals and roof :thumb:
:D
OK. will let you know when they arrive.

CarreraMonkey said:
OK, so I've got 10 sets of these (in black) coming over. They gave me a small discount (free shipping) so we're looking at £55 a set inc. UK postage.

I'm thinking I'll give people on here first dibs and then sell the rest on ebay with a small mark up to cover 'administration costs'.

Cheers

Monkey

Thank you so much for reserving one for me (and thanks for the PM)

Much as I think they would look good on my car - I'm afraid I've been 'put-off' by the fitting video which was posted... Don't trust myself to successfully complete that process I'm afraid... :oops:

John H said:
CarreraMonkey said:

Cheers

Monkey

Thank you so much for reserving one for me (and thanks for the PM)

Much as I think they would look good on my car - I'm afraid I've been 'put-off' by the fitting video which was posted... Don't trust myself to successfully complete that process I'm afraid... :oops:

Lol! Woosie!

No worries.

No sign of them yet? Would be a nice job for the xmas holiday :grin:

Royal Mail have kindly held them for the past 2 weeks whilst they sent me a letter to say I need to pay duty. Letter came today.

I'll pick them up on Monday and post them straight over to you guys. I'll drop you a pm tonight to get your details.

If anyone else wants a set for the holidays, can you drop me a note this weekend as I'll be in Dubai from the 22nd for a week.

Ok. One set left at 911uk pricing. Otherwise they're all going on eBay at a marked up price.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back