Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Becker release v6 software / new maps for cascade and traffi

jonttt

Monaco
Becker release v6 software / new maps for cascade and traffic pro....

It seems that a by product of becker releasing a new version of the Mexico classic is that they have updated the software (cd rom) and official maps (cf card)

The old version 5.2 allowed larger than 2gb CF cards to be used to run later than 2009 maps eg BMW with speed camera databases added.

I am running v5.2 system cd with a 4gb CF card and 2013 bmw maps.

The new becker update has official 2013 maps which can then add the March 2015 speed camera database to.

I'm not sure what system v6 has over v5.2 as it seems you don't need to upgrade from v5.2 to run the later Becker maps. If your not running at least v5.2 you need to upgrade to be able to use 4gb CF cards (the older maps where on 2GB CF cards)

I'll be trying this when I get chance, more details in the link below....

To those like me who are already running 4GB cards this should be an easy upgrade, to those still running original 2GB cards there is a little more too it as you need to buy a genuine 4GB sandisk cf card (from a reliable UK supplier, cheap Chinese copies won't work) and edit the header file using winhex ;-)

http://gpsunderground.com/forum/becker/35124-becker-cascade-v6-0-update.html

Ps if your upgrading, remember you need to clear the caches of map data, instructions are on the linked thread further down :bandit:

I'll wait til you've tried it. Just love the Cascade it's far superior to the Porsche Classic which I have relegated to the 944.

Apologies for being a div, but does this mine I can get updated maps on a CD to go in my Indi Pro?

Or is it just the lucky ones who own a head unit that takes cards?

V7 is available (well listed) for the Indianapolis Pro, CD only.
The Cascade V6 software is on CD and SD card. With the Cascade you can add the BMW static camera warning software. Jontt did it for me and I've been very grateful more than once.
Check out the Navtec site.

Yep all working , although could not get the speed camera database working with the newer maps. It may be GPS underground now has a fix.

If you've got a cascade pm me and you can send me a 4GB SanDisk CF card to put the v6 software and later maps on for you. You can upgrade the system from CF card which has the added advantage of meaning you don't need to insert the cdrom everyone the battery is disconnected to reload voice files as they are always on the CF card.

PS if you have a Ferrari branded backer cascade you would need to let me know as I would have to write a different header file :wink:

jonttt said:
Yep all working , although could not get the speed camera database working with the newer maps. It may be GPS underground now has a fix.

If you've got a cascade pm me and you can send me a 4GB SanDisk CF card to put the v6 software and later maps on for you. You can upgrade the system from CF card which has the added advantage of meaning you don't need to insert the cdrom everyone the battery is disconnected to reload voice files as they are always on the CF card.

PS if you have a Ferrari branded backer cascade you would need to let me know as I would have to write a different header file :wink:

PM sent

8gb card

just to add my experience that I have the V6 software fully working with an 8Gb sandisk card, so with the 2Gb taken up by the software, I have around 6Gb free for music making it a reasonable store of Mp3's.

No problems with the 8Gb card at all, I've tried larger ones and playing around with the filesystem format on the card, but it does look like 8Gb is a limit (I work in IT so this is familiar ground for me). One piece of advice is to keep all the files on the card related to the system software. gpsunderground advises that only the cd files (two .raw files) are necessary to operate normally - this is true, but without the other software you will find that each time you remove your car battery, you will get prompted to enter a cd containing the voice files. Leaving all the software on the card means that it will auto-load these - and you can swap between voices if that is something that floats your boat.

Another note on mp3's for the cascade, I've found that LAME MP3 encoding by far produces the best performance from this headset. It can play these with good quality and without stuttering. I found that many downloaded MP3's would play for a few seconds and then the head unit appeared to have issues and dropped a few seconds. You can re-code any MP3's to LAME using the free software package "Audacity".

Hi all,
I have a Becker Mexico Retro (7948) with original Becker SW 4.0 and I tried to install SW and maps 6.0.
I really cannot understand what I did wrong.
I downloaded all files here:
http://gpsunderground.com/forum/becker/35124-becker-cascade-v6-0-update.html

I formatted the CF cars as explained here (2. CREATING YOUR OWN LARGER (4GB, 8GB) CF CARD)
http://gpsunderground.com/forum/becker/2949-becker-cascade-maps-v5.html

I changed the magictext using winhex (registered) writing -without quotes- "HARMANBECKER BECKER V6"

I inserted the CF card and all the updated process went through successfully.
But then of course maps were not recognized.
I reset the using with the combo "menu - i - navi" (well... the right one... I cannot remind it right now) but with no result.

So now my only doubt is that the sandisk CF 8Gb is a fake one.
Is there any way of checking it? Is there any other check I shall do?

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Thread revival!!

GPS Underground no longer seems to be live. Does anyone have any pointers on where to find V6.0 maps and software for a Cascade?

Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back