Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Advice Needed: GTR 2017 vs 911 Turbo S 2017

infrasilver said:
GT4 said:
Put the miles on a GTR

Are they still 6000 between services?

When ever I've been on a Sunday drive out and a GTR has joined us they just can't help themselves driving like a ***** I'm not sure what it is with those cars.

I was in a 50 zone on the M1 Monday night when I was behind this GTR who would keep slowing down to 40MPH to accelerate up to 60MPH just so he could hear the sound of his terrible sounding, ear bleeding, trombone exhaust. I decided to film him in the end just in case I ran up his arse as he kept braking hard to get his speed down for the acceleration to 60 again.

This is typical GTR driving from my experience. DO NOT turn up your speakers. Poor quality video but you get the idea.

There is a White GTR a few roads down from me, and the exhaust he has put on sounds bl00dy terrible.

It actually hurts your ears when it cracks on gear change. I want to bump into him and see his logic, Im a petrohead and I like noise but it sounds completely Sh1te, and most on the estate moan about it.

OP having driven a few GTR's and owned the older versions, I am a fan, but get a 911 Turbo :thumb:

infrasilver said:
GT4 said:
Put the miles on a GTR

No idea, but you're either a Pork man or not.

If the OP's heart's not in it, he should leave the 911 on the table for the next man.

Boba fett said:
There is a White GTR a few roads down from me, and the exhaust he has put on sounds bl00dy terrible.

It actually hurts your ears when it cracks on gear change. I want to bump into him and see his logic, Im a petrohead and I like noise but it sounds completely Sh1te, and most on the estate moan about it.

I think this ones reg was **** OAO it needs 4 Bananas shoving up its exhausts.

You are on the wrong forum asking about GTR.
Do your own research, talk to GTR owners (join their forum if they have one) and be your own man with what you want next.

All these responses will muddle your thinking as there is inherent bias.
A Porsche Turbo delivers one driving experience at a price point.
A GTR delivers another at a lower price point.
Both have a cost of ownership.
Both have depreciation.

Only you know what you want and what is right for you.

I just picked up my new Turbo S yesterday. Coming from my 991.1 4S I can tell you I did not stop smiling the entire time I was driving it. Its a beast! Get the Turbo! :thumbs:

C

Boba fett said:
infrasilver said:
GT4 said:
Put the miles on a GTR

When ever I've been on a Sunday drive out and a GTR has joined us they just can't help themselves driving like a ***** I'm not sure what it is with those cars.

I was in a 50 zone on the M1 Monday night when I was behind this GTR who would keep slowing down to 40MPH to accelerate up to 60MPH just so he could hear the sound of his terrible sounding, ear bleeding, trombone exhaust. I decided to film him in the end just in case I ran up his arse as he kept braking hard to get his speed down for the acceleration to 60 again.

This is typical GTR driving from my experience. DO NOT turn up your speakers. Poor quality video but you get the idea.

OP having driven a few GTR's and owned the older versions, I am a fan, but get a 911 Turbo :thumb:

My minds eye did have you down as a GTR guy.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back