Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 GT3 Facelift (2017)

NLW73 said:
sod the looks. lets hope they get the engine right this time.

so when you spend 120k on the car it does not need 2 engine re builds in the first 2 years of ownership. very poor from Porsche and destroying the GT3 brand with crap engines and PDK.

back to top engines, lack of refinement and manual boxes please Stuttgart!

Mines 2 years old and only on 1 engine replacement.

There are undoubtedly some problems but its blown out of all proportion on the interweb. Just like the 996 problems, its so annoying having to negotiate those broken down 911's on each and every trip you do.

I'd agree I think about 80% PDK and I also expect the price to go up from the 991.1 based on GBP rates now and VW wanting to recoup as much money as possible.

Hi all

I think the basic price will be around 110-115. A decent spec car with ceramics will be close to 135-140. They will for sure go for a premium and I think the current 991.1 GT3 will not drop by much. They won't go for less than 100 that's for sure.

This is my prediction.

Love the GT3. I'm thinking of enquiring about one with my OPC. Any chance of getting a slot? I've bought 2 cars from them within the last year. Or is this small fry in GT world?

Norfolk & Idea said:
Love the GT3. I'm thinking of enquiring about one with my OPC. Any chance of getting a slot? I've bought 2 cars from them within the last year. Or is this small fry in GT world?

That ship sailed well over a year ago :)

Kryton said:
Norfolk & Idea said:

That ship sailed well over a year ago :)

Drat! Almost... sadly, I don't doubt you for 1 second

Norfolk & Idea said:

Put it this way, let's say there is 1 GT3 available.

Customer 1) Put his name down on the list for new GT3 over a year ago and last bought a porsche 3 years ago.

Customer 2) Bought a 991 Turbo S, Macan and a Cayenne GTS this year and today decided to want to have a GT3.

Customer 2 will get the GT3 and Customer 1 won't get a look in.

It's all about numbers. I have 4 customers with 911R's and know exactly what you need to do if you want the special edition cars. Putting your name on a list early doesn't necessarily mean you will get one.

Elite Detailing said:
Norfolk & Idea said:

Customer 1) Put his name down on the list for new GT3 over a year ago and last bought a porsche 3 years ago.

Customer 2) Bought a 991 Turbo S, Macan and a Cayenne GTS this year and today decided to want to have a GT3.

It's all about numbers. I have 4 customers with 911R's and know exactly what you need to do if you want the special edition cars. Putting your name on a list early doesn't necessarily mean you will get one.

I've spent £173k at my OPC this year and £319k in the last 3.5 years and I'll still be lucky to get a GT car I'm told :sad:

Kryton said:
Elite Detailing said:
Norfolk & Idea said:

I've spent £173k at my OPC this year and £319k in the last 3.5 years and I'll still be lucky to get a GT car I'm told :sad:

Well that's me fooked then!

Plan B. Stitch the OPC principle up with an ounce of coke and some hookers! Yeah!! Fiendish!

Norfolk & Idea said:
Kryton said:
Elite Detailing said:
Norfolk & Idea said:

Plan B. Stitch the OPC principle up with an ounce of coke and some hookers! Yeah!! Fiendish!

Tried that mate, lad was upset about the length of the hit. Trying to get him back on side with meth :wink: :grin: :grin:

Bigfra said:
Norfolk & Idea said:
Kryton said:
Elite Detailing said:
Norfolk & Idea said:

Tried that mate, lad was upset about the length of the hit. Trying to get him back on side with meth :wink: :grin: :grin:

:floor: :thumb:

Emailed my 'go to guy' SE at my local OPC and quick as a flash, I've heard eff all.

Norfolk & Idea said:
Bigfra said:
Norfolk & Idea said:
Kryton said:
Elite Detailing said:
Norfolk & Idea said:

:floor: :thumb:

Emailed my 'go to guy' SE at my local OPC and quick as a flash, I've heard eff all.

I had my £10k deposit in for the r since August 2015. Missed out on that and put it on to the new RS. I've been told I probably could get a new gt3 and as long as I play the game get the RS as well. The game being that I use Porsche finance and they always get first dibs on the car for trade in. Who knows though

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back