Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Reversing lights stuck on

Soul

Hi folks
I currently have the reversing lights, camera and mirror dipping function stuck on.
Looking through forums etc I have no clear answer.
It's a tiptronic and I think the switch that operated these functions must be under the selector lever.
More worrying is a post about an ecu fault.
I have had the car just over a week so am pretty new to this.
It's a 4.5 turbo 2003.
Access to a wiring diagram for this part of the circuit would be good if anyone as this please?

Its probably going to be the muti function switch on the gearbox thats faulty , i think this is really a garage job as you need a tester on the car for fault codes and to look at actual values of the switch as gears are selected.

Theres nothing i can think of to help you diagnose without equipment im afraid .

Demort said:
Its probably going to be the muti function switch on the gearbox thats faulty , i think this is really a garage job as you need a tester on the car for fault codes and to look at actual values of the switch as gears are selected.

Theres nothing i can think of to help you diagnose without equipment im afraid .

Thanks for the idea.
I have just been reading about the switch and although it feeds the reverse lights it also feeds the Transmission TCM which I would expect to not be happy to let me drive normally. I assume this input lets the TCM know it's in reverse and to select Reverse on the Gearbox.
I tried removing the fuse for the lights last night (No55) R/H fuse box according to the manual but this didn't work and the suspension warning came on, on the dash.
I need better light so will wait for the weekend now to do more detailed work.
The foil fuse box layout on the panel is not helpful with a torch. Just reflects the light and you still can't read it.
I have now got a flat battery also which I planned on changing anyway (it was sluggish starting and I can't see where in the history it was changed).

The issue of reversing lights stuck on increased to
Bonnet open
Steering wheel moving on it's own
Seat moving on it's own
Hazards turning on
Anyway had a good look at just about all ecus I could find but could see no signs of water anywhere
I read the gateway ecu behind the steering wheel side of the dash connects all systems
One post said they had corroded connections on this from a burst rear washer pipe. This is what it turned out to be although the pipe had been replaced previously.
I have had to take it to a garage for repair and they are putting a second hand ecu in plus because Porsche will not sell the connector on it's own but as a full wiring loom they are soldering a secondhand connected in.
The ecu is the black one with connections top and bottom for info.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back