Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.2 GTS range

weejimmy

Anyone know for sure if they are going to have 3.0TT lumps? That is what I am hearing... with the N/A being kept back for the 991.2 GT3's and above.

Anyone else head anything? :?:

The GTS has always been a top of the range Carrera and has always had the same engine as them. I can't see that changing.

The latest Carrera engine is a 3.0 with the turbos being different to provide an S. I strongly suspect that the GTS will be a 'chipped' version of the S.

weejimmy said:
Anyone know for sure if they are going to have 3.0TT lumps? That is what I am hearing... with the N/A being kept back for the 991.2 GT3's and above.

Isn't N/A finished in future 911s? GT3s will still have turbos but be mid-engined? ;) I wouldn't be surprised before they go all electric on us :p

Monkeynutz said:
Isn't N/A finished in future 911s? GT3s will still have turbos but be mid-engined? ;) I wouldn't be surprised before they go all electric on us :p

The Gen2 GT3 will be normally aspirated and rear engined.

After that ............. :dont know:

T8 said:
The Gen2 GT3 will be normally aspirated and rear engined.
After that ............. :dont know:

What are your thoughts on the GT2 T8? Rear or Mid engined?

apollokre1d said:
What are your thoughts on the GT2 T8? Rear or Mid engined?

'My thoughts' are that if it's a 911 it'll be rear engined.

Monkeynutz said:
weejimmy said:

If they sold a 991.2 with electric motors I'd have one! Sounds like the Mission E will be out ahead of a hybrid 911 tho.

I'd have had a 991.1 GTS given half a chance, but my C4S was less than a year old when they came out. Just loved them but was sensible (for once). A bit gutted that the GTS's are likely to be 3.0TT's. Shame I couldn't get a slot for an R, but apparently I forgot to buy the 918 required to get the nod!

Have registered my interest in a 991.2 GT3 as the word is they will be N/A but am not holding my breath...

Have been test driving R8 V10 Pluses as I just cant get excited about trading my 3.8 for a 3.0TT come the next summer (when my car is 3).

Ho hum!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back