Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 buying

marino

Hi all, looking to buy 991 after just selling my 997. Question is can anyone tell me when is the best time to buy for me.[not the seller]

I hope someone more knowledgeable then me chimes in. I would be interested to know if I jumped the gun a little last week in buying my 997.2.

As far as I can tell the time seems pretty good right now. There isn't a great deal of choice in the used market right now and while OPCs seem to be selling 'higher than anticipated' volumes of 991.2 models, allocations for UK are still relatively low from what I understand.

Unless you are really lucky on model/spec or not fussy then there is always a deal to be had in the winter months either side of Xmas. I don't know about OPCs but I have had a number of other dealers calling trying to meet December targets (very tempting they would have been had I not just pulled the trigger on mine). Otherwise you might have to wait for people chopping in their 3/4 year PCP cars to receive their shiny new steed in the New Year.

Seems any 991.1 with a 4 or an S even at MY 2012 is commanding a pretty price right now. I would spam all the dealers, tell them you are ready to buy and test how much they want to sell a car ;)

I go along with Monkeynutz, it could be worth putting your interest out there with some select Porsche retailers who have earnt their reputation. Personally I keep an eye on Sterlings, 911v, Northway, Harbour Cars, Chappell, Dove House and RSJ and there's also a new kid on the block called Uber GT.

Seems like we are perpetually waiting for 911 prices to drop faster but they seem to be pretty steady across the board with Turbos, GTS, GT3s defying gravity, but you never know if any of the guys above are looking to make a quick cash sale in the slow period :thumb:

MJA911 said:

Seems like we are perpetually waiting for 911 prices to drop faster but they seem to be pretty steady across the board with Turbos, GTS, GT3s defying gravity, but you never know if any of the guys above are looking to make a quick cash sale in the slow period :thumb:

Will the prices fall? I have been watching for some months before buying mine but I got fed up of waiting and seeing no movement. I read across the net that the rumoured prices hikes are imminent with some people claiming small increases in the configurator prices in the last week or 2. I also read that increased production costs, exchange rates, UK road tax changes, and the big jump in sales in other markets like the USA will all serve to keep used prices robust for a while yet.....at least I hope so now ;)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back