Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OEM pirelli PZero on new 991 4S

Just another thought. Considering it is warm and dry in Egypt, may be the engagement of the ABS is more to do roughness of the road surface rather than the type of tyres.

N1's on my 991.2 Targa 4S which seem ok

Kryton said:

Interesting. Bought 2 rear tyres in April and both were N0 marked. Any chance of a quick photo of a N1 marking on your tyres?

DRZ911 said:
Kryton said:

Interesting. Bought 2 rear tyres in April and both were N0 marked. Any chance of a quick photo of a N1 marking on your tyres?

Thank you very much for the N1 photo. :thumb:

If I'm stuck with Pirellis, now have a hope that the N1 addresses most of the shortcomings of the N0. Will be asking my OPC to explain what the technical differences actually are.

You're welcome :thumb:

DRZ911 said:
If I'm stuck with Pirellis, now have a hope that the N1 addresses most of the shortcomings of the N0. Will be asking my OPC to explain what the technical differences actually are.

Don't expect much differences

I don't think its the quality of the road; because the x5 or my previous audi TTS for example were much more composed in braking on the same set of roads. I also had a cayenne S which was completely fine (don't remember the tyres). The only experience i have had with P Zeros before were on a 2004 BMW 325 and they were terrible.
Set an appointment with Porsche to demonstrate my trouble. I am also ordering a retro fitting of a power Kit, so hopefully we can have an intelligent conversation where they put the customer first instead of the standard denial one normally gets with any subjectivity in the complaint.
I sense they are interested to sell the power kit, so maybe we get to a bundled offering
On the phone they weren't hung up on pirellis or N rating. They discussed retro fitting michelin s

I tried to test the breaking deceleration at which the ABS starts engaging (i.e.. the compound loses traction), and it starts engaging as low as 0.5 g. I checked the maximum logged deceleration that i managed to get since i got the car (4000 Km) and it was 1.01 g
I am still waiting for porsche to come back with an intelligent response hopefully

I haven't found any of the usual tyre retail outlets where you can actually buy an N1 tyre??

Has anyone on here found where you can buy?!

£1,070 quote from Porsche

305/30/ZR20 N1 - £304.86 each inc VAT
245/30/ZR20 N1 - £229.86 each inc VAT.

£1,052 quote from Pirelli performance centre

305/30/ZR20 N1 - £302.70 each inc VAT
245/30/ZR20 N1 - £223.19 each inc VAT.

Didn't realise PZ were only option on 991.

I sympathise as when I acquired my 997.2 turbo after an RS4 I felt it to be a good deal less confidence inspiring in other than hot & dry.

It was the tyres once again - Bridgestone RE050As - and swapping to Michelin PS2 made a ver material difference. I can now drive it like I could with my RS4, well and the rest.

One thought - can you get Pirelli P Zero Corsa in N-rating?

I did consider those for mine as by all readings they appear OK (versus Sport Cups which seem a bit iffy on the road - less tread depth) provided you have winter tyres for, er, winter.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back