Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

1979 Porsche 911 SC - which fuel to use? 95 Ron or 97/99 ron

Soundbud

Just wanted to find out what fuel other people are using?

Git my 79 911 SC in October and I know this was originally designed for leaded fuel. Reading articles about classic cars says that Porsche didn't use hardened valve seats until 1985 on euro cars but did on US cars due to catalytic converters. Brian Aderson states that it's ok to use unleaded fuels on early cars but again this is an American author.

Another article I read about Porsche 911's up to 1985 states that the valve seats and guides should be replaced to accommodate unleaded fuel, although should be fine for up to 20,000 miles after using leaded.

Just wondering what fuel everyone else is using?

Any additives to compensate?

You'll be fine with Superunleaded....preferably Shell. Only additive I've considered is one to compensate for the increasing use of ethanol but am told that it's still max 5 per cent in Super at present so haven't bothered....yet!

I just use regular, runs great, occasionally bang a super in for the hell of it :thumb:

No cars were designed to run on unleaded have a copy of the data sheet from Porsche with details on if you want it. Pm your email and will send copy
Ran my SC for 10 years and Speedster for 10 1/2 years with no issues
Did put super in if doing long distance high speeds I.e when travelling down through France etc

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back