Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Classic 911 road trip (video)

Roro

Sebring
Bunch of American kids pick up 3 old 911's and do a road trip across the states. Enjoyed watching this, well shot and put together, worth a peek if you have an hour spare... It's not just about the Porsches though, more about the road trip experience as a whole

(Warning - some brief Magnus content :wink:)

Enjoyable entertainment and well produced.

(Seen it before but thanks for posting)

Here's another road trip vid, much shorter

:thumb:

There was a really good video a year or so ago, a UK guy bought a silver SC (I think) and drove it back from Germany. The vid chronicled his trip back to the UK and I remember him having lots of breakdowns to deal with. Can't find that clip though, will post it here if I manage to find it. Pretty sure he took in the Nordschleife on the way home too

I'll happily see it again :thumb: Great video made greater with the absence of music. I rarely want to hear music in car videos, just nicely recorded exhaust notes.

He's a good presenter too.

Oh god yes I know what you mean. If I have to sit through another car video with bullsh1t f@cking techno house bollocks drowning everything out I'm going to go completely mental

I find this approach refreshing. A watchable and passionate presenter telling it like it is and showing the car like it is.

I've pitched this approach to petrolhead mates who are controllers at TV stations, but it's a non-starter.

They all want a format to match/top the old Top Gear shows, fronted with celebrities, but none of them have a budget to even make a test.

Cheers Roro that killed a hour , inspiring , enjoyed it , i think i would have had that starter motor replaced en route though , the Porsche pilgrimage video is still king , it would indeed make good tv following people and their Classic "cars on tour" , there you go, a title for the series already.
Still enjoy "The million mile Porsche" video :thumb:

I believe there was going to be a video of the 911uk 993 pilgrimage to Dinslaken earlier this year. However despite some Illuminati wanting anonymity which would add to the editing costs, a couple of 964 got mixed up in the shoots which to a professional photographer was the equivalent of getting a 'hair in the gate' :what:

Tried to post this last night but the site was down :pc:

Brief sequel to the above vid, but focussing more on his rebuild rather than a road trip. Agree would be good to see more from Chris at some point... seems to be having fun, there's a short clip of him driving through Africa, would be good to see that trip - I assume he recorded it!?

Roro said:
Bunch of Canadian kids pick up 3 old 911's and do a road trip across the states. Enjoyed watching this, well shot and put together, worth a peek if you have an hour spare... It's not just about the Porsches though, more about the road trip experience as a whole

(Warning - some brief Magnus content :wink:)

Er fixed that for you ........ thanks for posting the link ....... I really enjoyed watching it ........ it made me feel kind of warm and fuzzy ........ ;)

p.s. Can't wait for some "tripping" next year ....... :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geoffrey Fickle
Back