Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The Grand Tour on Amazon Prime: Episode 1, 2 & 3

I noticed the GT/TG thing this week too.

As for episode 3, it was a lot better than ep2 but very much old top gear fare. I also couldn't help feeling that the 3 cars were representative of the person driving it.

Aston - not to everyone's taste but generally appealing
Rolls - bit boring but nevertheless worth including
Hellcat - pointless and irritating noise along for the ride

And yes if you hadn't already guessed, I dislike Hammond immensely!

jpsh120 said:
I dislike Hammond immensely!

He's not even a real hamster...

I watched ep2 & ep3 last night.... Both were awful... Apart from the Aston which looks brutal

infrasilver said:
GT3RS on this weeks episode

Shame they didn't show the timed lap and only showed the m4 gts's lap
Thought they could have showed the lap and lost some of the rubbish from the main sustainable car video

Didn't expect the gt3rs to get any praise from Clarkson so was surprised

I watched episodes 2 and 3 last night with two of my brothers and our good mates papa john and henry weston. All very predictable but I enjoyed both. For sure episode 3 was better than 2. The only feature that annoys me is the celebrity death... pointless and irritating IMO. The rest of it I found entertaining. Then again I quite liked the Hellcat so what do I know lol!

Chaps the reason they called it The Grand Tour according to Clarkson was because it's an acrynom for Top Gear Two.

Haven't seen any of it. I saw the opening sequence of ep1 as someone uploads added it to YouTube but that's it. Sounds like I'm not missing much. I figured it would be more tired formula.

isysman said:
Chaps the reason they called it The Grand Tour according to Clarkson was because it's an acrynom for Top Gear Two.

CFo said:
isysman said:

Top Gear two has a p and a w in it for starters...

and Grand Tour has a u in it...

Good luck with those crosswords :floor:

errr... acronym not anagram. :floor: that was like throwing a custard pie in your own face!

'The Grand Tour' to me sounds very much the name an american would come up with. I doubt the trio choose the name. If they did it would be a less subtle stab at the BBC. Something like 'Next Gear'... Yes give me a minute I'll come up with something better but you get my point I'm sure

Jcx said:
errr... acronym not anagram. :floor: that was like throwing a custard pie in your own face!

Yup. I realised as soon as I hit submit. Maybe I was put off by isysman's spelling? :frustrated:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back