Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wheel courier recommendations

GB911

Silverstone
I need to sell some winter wheels from my wife's car on ebay.

Does anyone have a recommendation of a good courier company to deliver the wheels ?

Thanks

Use your local 'pallet track' company. They are a national network. I have used my local, "Hampshire Freight' on numerous occasions. Always A1 service. Plus they place the wheels on a pallet and shrink wrap them and nothing ever gets placed on top. They always arrive in the condition they left :thumb:

Lawsy911 said:
Use your local 'pallet track' company. They are a national network. I have used my local, "Hampshire Freight' on numerous occasions. Always A1 service. Plus they place the wheels on a pallet and shrink wrap them and nothing ever gets placed on top. They always arrive in the condition they left :thumb:

What's the cost of this usually?

Do you have to do any packaging?

I normally use Paisley Freight.

A bump of an old thread, for up-to-date recommendations please...

From what I recall it's about 50 quid to send 4 wheels by Pallet, wrap the wheels yourself to stop them rubbing against each other and being damaged.

courier

I used Simpson Bros from Scarborough to ship 4 BBS LM's from Surrey to Scottish Borders. Perfect service for £65.

+1 for Paisley Freight

simpson Bros

If you use Simpson Bros you don't even need to package them. They will wrap in blankets and secure safely. They only ever are carried by company employee's and never use another courier unlike some couriers.

I have shipped wheels all over the world and you gotta pack them good, even uk to uk.

If they are van steels or naff stuff you might get away with taping them together and plastic wrapping them.

I make sure i pack in boxes with extra bits of board down the sides and wrap the wheels in bubble wrap and use industrial duct tape for the boxes.

I shipped a set to the usa to be modded years ago and had them shipped back with fedex, that cost a few quid.

The latest set i sold was a set of bbs for a vw, all the way to australia....which i was nervous about, but sent them with DCS and said to the buyer that if they get damaged in transit there wont be much i can do, he understood, DCS were the cheapest by far on a 6 day economy service.

When he got them, he said there was a tiny flat spot on one of them which must of been a drop from one of the shipping people, he said he would get it taken out at a local place.

The struggle is real guys, but pack well and rewarded you will be.

+2 for Paisley Freight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back