Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

bargain 3.2 coupe

Palladium

ebay item 272475600471

wheels are a bit odd, but if its genuine that ought to be gone quickly.

looks nice.

Teledials were a standard fit on the early Carrera ( Bloody hideous) is it cheap because he couldn't be arsed giving it a hoover out :frustrated:

I know the seller of this car, and have seen the car. A nicer, more genuine fellow you could not meet. Not at all like a trader, very genuine and honest. The car has a whole lot of positives compared to many others, if you can look beyond the teledials.

yeh you would have to put some fuchs on it, still ought to go though, even some copies would be better, and be up front about it.

Whatever someone is willing to pay. I wouldn't buy it.

Personally I don't see it as a desirable 3.2 and if/when the market drops this wouldn't be a car I want to have bought.

Better pay a premium for a late 87-89 G50 coupe in a more desirable colour. Or one which has had an engine rebuild.

I like the colour!

Looks like a reasonable way into aircooled Porsche ownership. A decent G50 3.2 will be £10-20k more?

Youd hope if it was resprayed that it would have had rusty bits done at the time.

Probably makes me naive...

g50 is a hype, ive got 915 and its superb, I think its a good car for 28k in this day and age, and from a dealer, try finding one under 30k that's not a targa.

so whats it worth then, you wont say

this thing about engine rebuilds, mine has done 126k, the engine is as it left the factory, no rattles, no smoke, no dropped head studs, ideal oil pressure, and goes like the clappers,

so does mine need a rebuild then.

I have tried to 915 box and owned 2 G50 3.2 Carrera coupes. I can assure you it's not hype.

If it's up for £28k then £25-26k. But as I've said I'd find the extra.

These cars do hide rust well and there are plenty of places they rot apart from the door sills and shuts. Remove the sill covers and front wings.

As for the engine they are reliable if well serviced, but a rebuild will be £5-10k depending on work needed. If you're going to end up having to do the engine you'd want to ensure it's a keeper.

IB's are fantastic cars when in great condition.

Absolutely nothing wrong with a good 915 & I prefer them to the G50. The 915 is more in keeping with the early 911 experience :)

Frosticles said:
Absolutely nothing wrong with a good 915 & I prefer them to the G50. The 915 is more in keeping with the early 911 experience :)

its what I was saying :thumb:

915 box in my SC once it had warmed up was very good.
They are old cars so even the G50 which is agricultural by todays standards feels old.
915 box is also lighter so older 3.2's feel quicker.
I like the colour and the wheels its in keeping with the car and age, I was tempted to buy but have moved over to another brand think I've done them to death now (after 12 911's!!) 8)

that's what I call a list of porsches, maybe it is time for another brand.

if you looked at the whole journey that you have had in a financial sense, what has been the score regarding profit or loss with all these 911s.?

915 gearbox fine to drive, with as with most Porsche's one of the last things to be rebuilt by owners due to cost.
Same with a G50 they will need a rebuild eventually.
I had my 915 rebuild as my car is around 100k good time to do it. Then good for another 100k.
Either way you drive you pay for your pleasure.

They are what they are old classic Porsche's.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back