Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Connect Services ( 911.2)

alpinaB3

I can't access these services either and checking with my sales contact suggested they would be launched with the new Panamera. A bit rich to advertise them on the connect site when not available. I can't get Aha to connect either

Yesterday I went to the dealership and I was informed that I should receive a code in about 6 months to gain access to these features. Yes I agree its not very good Porsche advertising features on their website which are not available yet and not including any reference of this fact.

I spoke to Porsche Hatfield this morning and was told I would receive an invite to register for these services but that there was no timeframe known yet. The one I am really interested in is the online updating of the navigation maps. Not sure I would use the others but nice to have.

One of the things I am amazed that Porsche do not offer with the new PCM is the ability to upload custom car routes such as from https://www.myrouteapp.com This application exports various Sat Nav formats none of which the PCM you can upload. The only thing I have found with the PCM is the ability to upload destination points (POI's) via the Porsche Connect App. With my previous Alpina this had this capability up upload custom routes via the iDrive back in 2009 direct from my home PC.

Admittedly, i haven't yet found any use at all for the PCM...

Aside from NAV & Phone, the only aspect that I find of actual use is the Apple Car Play, which is spot on.

This is the software version in mine

Attachments

• img_7941_111.png
    img_7941_111.png
    539.7 KB · Views: 8,248
  • img_7940_186.jpg
    img_7940_186.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 8,248
  • img_7939_196.jpg
    img_7939_196.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 8,248
@6appeal

Can you tell me how you dug out the info on software version?

I'm trying to pull it out myself but with little luck.

simply hit the setting button and software update and it gives you the option...

Thanks 6appeal

I have just checked mine is the same as yours regarding Version Navigation
However the software version is slightly different.

Attachments

• img_1683_967.jpg
    img_1683_967.jpg
    542.9 KB · Views: 8,116
6appeal said:
simply hit the setting button and software update and it gives you the option...

Sorry for late reply, but have been away.

Thanks for the info, I'll take a look tomorrow.

6appeal said:

I thought of trying this to see if there is a update, but it appears the update can only be done via CD/DVD or SD card and not by WiFi :(

Yes, me also... I assume that they connect to the Porsche dealer wifi. Unless it changes in the future, as I believe they plan that you can get map updates etc.

Didn't someone say that Porsche (dealers?) would send out letters for the update?

I was at Porsche Hatfield yesterday and was told that the full range of services is now available for the 991.2.Has anyone received an email or letter explaining how to get it??

They are going to look into it and come back to me next week.

I have mine booked in for a 10k oil change service in a couple of weeks, so have sent an email to see if they can update the software whilst in...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back