Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Christmas came early...

NXI20 said:
Pip1968 said:
I am guessing they must be something around the £2,000 mark though :?:

Guess again - they rarely go for more than £1500 in perfect condition. I got £1100 for mine a few years ago.

Hmmm are you sure you did not undersell or sell at the wrong time? I am sure I paid more than that for mine. If it is £1,500 for perfection I may just build up my collection and keep them then.

No wonder you rarely see them for sale. It is not worth the hassle for less than fifteen hundred knicker :D

Well thanks for the heads up..

Pip

KMA880 said:
I was considering stumping up my hard earned cash for these until i did more research on the cracks issue.

I've gone a bit cold turkey on these! Can't justify purchasing a set if they crack this easily. The roads where i live are not particularly smooth either.

Are these isolated incidents, does anyone have firsthand experience?

Will probably be ten years before I can report back on the Mantheys, I dont drive hard or frequently enough to wear out two sets of tyres in the space of time that Nick does. Following Nick's heads up, I did give the wheels a good look over today and can see no signs of paint cracking in the region Nick illustrated with his OZ's.
But I guess this is all going way off topic so will report back when I have done a few track days on them next year. :lock:

Pip1968 said:
Daniel said:
Pip1968 said:
Anyone know how much a set of OEM 996 GT3 wheels would go for (obviously without the tyres)?

Hi, depending on price I would be very interested.

:thumb:

I will let you know although it is unlikely to be until spring/summer next year at the earliest as I have other :roll: things to sort on the car first. I am guessing they must be something around the £2,000 mark though :?:

Pip

I am guessing 996.2 wheels?

I just picked up a good set of 996.1 GT3 wheels with 8" fronts and 10" rears for £555. Bloke who sold them was very chuffed. I guess the .2 are rarer, but at £1500+ you are running into OZs, which are by far a better and lighter wheel

Cheburator said:
Pip1968 said:
Daniel said:
Pip1968 said:
Anyone know how much a set of OEM 996 GT3 wheels would go for (obviously without the tyres)?

Hi, depending on price I would be very interested.

:thumb:

I will let you know although it is unlikely to be until spring/summer next year at the earliest as I have other :roll: things to sort on the car first. I am guessing they must be something around the £2,000 mark though :?:

Pip

I am guessing 996.2 wheels?

I just picked up a good set of 996.1 GT3 wheels with 8" fronts and 10" rears for £555. Bloke who sold them was very chuffed. I guess the .2 are rarer, but at £1500+ you are running into OZs, which are by far a better and lighter wheel

If anyone hears of a set of MK1 or MK2 wheels OEM or BBS etc please let me know.

Cheburator - MK1 CS K400... Tell me more..

Daniel said:
Cheburator - MK1 CS K400... Tell me more..

My car is the original K400 - first registered to Olaf, then to Michael Eschmann (Manthey Racing Co-owner and Team Driver back in the late 1990s). It pretty much has had the whole Manthey catalogue thrown at it. I think the bills come to around EUR70k - Manthey charged themselves for the work! Bought it with 25k miles on the clock back in 2014 from a chap in Germany, now sitting on 35k miles. Used for trackdays in the UK, trips to Wales and the odd Ring trip. As a matter of fact I am off to Rockingham on the 10th - it's their unsilenced day, so I can unleash the MM Exhaust to its full glory :lol:

Keep looking for 996.1 wheels on eBay. Took me about 12mths of faffing about to find a set. Just missed out on a great set with Pilot Sports PS2s for £899 as I was being a cheeky fekker and was trying to get them for £850. Someone bought them under my nose, and then copied and pasted the excellent description with a new price tag of £1700! But bargains do turn up every now and then.

Pip1968 said:
I am sure I saw a set of Mk I wheels for sale on ebay a few pages in. As part of my research into deflationary issues with Mk II wheels :D .

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-9...397286?hash=item1a20db5ee6:g:gzsAAOSw5cNYFiYf

Pip

These are the exact wheels that I was cheekely trying to buy for £850 instead of the original BiN price of £899! Someone else lifted them and now has been trying to double his money for the last two weeks. Even the description is "borrowed" from the original listing...

I had them bought at £899 and the seller said he was not selling them anymore!!
The location of the advert is the next town to the original seller.. I smell something fishy here!!

I'm happy to pay £1000 for a set of MK1 wheels, £1250 for MK2 or a little higher for LM's etc...

I'll keep looking...

Your orignal CS K400... Sounds lovely

Dan, I'll be selling my gold BBS LM in MKII sizes. The rims need a refurb though.

Stuart said:
Dan, I'll be selling my gold BBS LM in MKII sizes. The rims need a refurb though.

I'm your man... :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: [/code]

Daniel said:
The location of the advert is the next town to the original seller.. I smell something fishy here!!

:agree:

Is this chap's name Stuart by any chance?
I bought a set of wheels on a BIN for £1000. Seller cancelled the bid and even text me to say he was 'keeping them for his track car' and refunded my money.
Next thing I know, Hotgirl35 is selling them at double the price.
I am sure the original seller was Reading way or near to Reading.

HSC911 said:
Daniel said:

:agree:

I bought a set of wheels on a BIN for £1000. Seller cancelled the bid and even text me to say he was 'keeping them for his track car' and refunded my money.
Next thing I know, Hotgirl35 is selling them at double the price.
I am sure the original seller was Reading way or near to Reading.

+1

HSC911 said:
[

Not me, promise, although I have a lovely new £5 note that can be yours for £10...

Great stuff Stu :thumb: Looking fwd to seeing them on

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back