Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 Recaro Turbo Seat backrest incline stuck

Haith

Evening all. New to the forum. Just bought a 77 911S or SC (investigating this as the Porsche certificate of authenticity calls it an s but the badging etc call it an sc).
Does anyone have any experience with the early style recaro turbo seats? The ones with a little leaver on the door side that you push inward towards the seat to adjust the incline of the backrest?
Mine seems to be stuck in a very laid back repose lol. Had to drive it back with a cushion behind me when I picked it up yesterday.
Took the drivers seat out today and managed to free up the little leaver with lots of wd40 and a bit of persuasion but the bracket joining the backrest with the seatpad, the one with the leaver, simply refuses to fold under the weight of the big spring in the joint. Any experiences of this would be much appreciated. Photos of the joint attached.
Thanks in advance 👍

Attachments

• img_0559_144.jpg
    img_0559_144.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 7,702
  • img_0560_185.jpg
    img_0560_185.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 7,702

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members