Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Looking at a 991 GT3

Pedders

2014 991 GT3 with delivery miles. Dealer wants £105k. Is that a reasonable price? What are these like to live with as an everyday drive? Anyone got any ideas how many exist? Is it a sound investment with the next version being a manual option etc? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Pedders said:
Dealer wants £105k. Is that a reasonable price?

No :eek:

He's trying it on with you :what:

...which dealer is it :?:

:grin:

That sounds like a very good price. How come it's only got delivery miles on a 2 year old car. :?:

I don't know the build numbers but I think it would be 10k+ given that over 4k GT3RSs were made.

For the reason above it wont be an 'investment' car, especially if you're going to use it as a regular driver but it shouldn't depreciate like a Carrera.

Additionally the new one will still be available as a PDK and most will opt for that. It depends upon how much more expensive the .2 is as to how good value the .1 will be on the secondhand market.

Every 991GT3 owner I've spoken to says they are great cars to live with and drive on a regular basis.

I use mine sometimes for everyday driving, its absolutely brilliant for it.

Obviously a bit noisier and harsher than a more mainstream car but far better than my 996 GT3.

I'd recommend it, I don't regret buying one.

Regards
Fred

Hey Pedders. So are you talking about a left hand drive GT3? The price difference between UK cars and left hand driver cars is quite a lot.

I don't know what the average price for a GT3 is in Oman but I'm moving out that way next year and will now may attention to cars in Oman!

Regards,

Tom

findtom said:
Hey Pedders. So are you talking about a left hand drive GT3? The price difference between UK cars and left hand driver cars is quite a lot.

I don't know what the average price for a GT3 is in Oman but I'm moving out that way next year and will now may attention to cars in Oman!

Regards,

Tom

Hi Tom. Yeah it's LHD. I knew the price would be different between LHD/RHD but £30k is quite a lot. I've been doing some research on the Porsche prices in Oman and they are a lot cheaper than the UK. Have a look on www.olx.com.om, it's like autotrader. You can pretty much x2 the price in OMR to get GBP.

Let me know when you get out there.

Thanks I'll let yo know when I get out there. How do prices compare with the Dubai and Abu Dhabi? Can you export/import cars easily??

Tom

Hi Tom,

Not sure about Abu Dhabi, but there is a lot more choice in Dubai. The prices are a little more expensive than Oman, but not much. Once/If the GBP gains strength it will become even cheaper. Not sure about UAE, but Muscat is a decent port and will cost around £1500 - £2000 to ship a car to the UK and there are no major dramas. I guess UAE is similar. I have a few people I know in UAE so I will ask around.

Sorry I meant shipping (driving?) to Dubai from Oman? Are they the same price, is it easy to move between UAE Countries?

If a GT3 is 100k I can see me justifying one to Mrs Findtom...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back