Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Hello, new member and owner of a 996 C4S Speed Yellow

As far as I know you can't get them new any more, so you will be looking for a used pair. They do come up, but budget on £thousands...

There are replicas available, but personally I'd be concerned about safety.

Another option might be something like Recaro Pole Position, which look very similar and are FIA approved.

The DesigntTek ones look the business too, but I'm not sure if they have any certification- you'd need to ask the question.

Thanks for the info, i agree with the safety concerns. DesignTek ones look great, an exact copy of the originals, something i will enquire about. I will keep an eye out for an original set to restore the car back to Factory spec :)
Such a unique C4S, love it!!

@Demort, thanks for the info. Nice to know a Porsche mechanic, if any unexpected problems occur down the line of ownership :)

This is very pleasing to the eye :thumb:

Welcome to Porsche ownership, whats your car history?

Thanks guys, its a rare example and a stunner. Speed yellow with so many great extras, 6 speed manual, non sunroof. A one off example :) really lucky to have stumbled across it. One very proud owner :thumbs:

My current cars; Abarth Punto (daily), Alfa Romeo 1750 GTV mk1 (restoration project), BMW E46 325i Conv. Will add my sisters Laguna Seca Blue E46 M3 to my collection by next year.

:grin:

Everytime a new Speed Yellow 996 pitches up, I think of the measley money I 'gave' mine away for.

Enjoy - oh and come high summer you'll experience the 'bugs love Speed yellow' effect as well.

:eek: Which speed yellow Porsche did you own? I already noticed the bugs... they are attracted to it!! I have nicknamed my car 'Bumblebee' as my 1st drive led to a giant bumblebee making love to the car

:worship:

whoareya said:
Enjoy - oh and come high summer you'll experience the 'bugs love Speed yellow' effect as well.

:grin: You learn some thing new about these cars every week however trivial , who knew bugs like speed yellow :floor: :floor: pub quiz question maybe :thumb:

Yas.SYC4S said:
:eek: Which speed yellow Porsche did you own? I already noticed the bugs... they are attracted to it!! I have nicknamed my car 'Bumblebee' as my 1st drive led to a giant bumblebee making love to the car

:worship:

The one in the tiny profile photo.....C2 Cab, 6-speed manual.

Sold in 2012 for £12k cash, with one previous owner and having done 43k miles.

Happy with it at the time, but gutted now.

If you want to know when car values have bottomed out, just email me as I will have probably just sold one at that time.......................

That's a lovely car mate.
Great find, well done.
They do look awesome in red and yellow.

Welcome and keep us informed of any kind of owners thread you do as I have a feeling it will make good reading:thumbs:

Winny911 said:
Nice car good find

Just noticed your signature and profile pics, Beachy Head by chance?

Attachments

• beachy_r_171.jpg
    beachy_r_171.jpg
    327.8 KB · Views: 6,985
Apologies for the off-topic! C4S is my favourite of the 996 and what an example to own! Enjoy OP!

Looks good, welcome to the forum.

Yellow + 996 = :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilmslowSi
Back