Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cayman engine and gearbox mounts.

Johnd52

Hockenheim
The transmission on my car has started to feel a little 'loose' and since it has passed it's 50 thousand and it's coming up to Christmas, a present of new mounts is in order.

RSS seem to be the recommended choice for engine, but any suggestions for the gearbox would be welcome. (PDK)

Thanks.

It seems on the Cayman the two main mounts usually on the 911 engine, are attached to the gearbox casing, and the main Cayman engine mount is on a sub casting, centrally situated on the front of the block, just behind the firewall. I hope I have it right as it confused me when I started looking.

Johnd

If you change the mounts can you take some pics and post them,
I'd be interested to know how easy it is to do.

The inner gearbox mount is a bit more fiddly - there is a hidden torx bolt which can be a swine to get to.

Once the engine/box are supported it's not too bad to work out the removal of the mount/carrier.

I might have some pictures - will have a look and get back to you.

It will be a few weeks until I do this, but getting the parts ordered. I will go for the RSS side mounts and a regular OPC nose mount as I have not seen any recommendations for an alternative.

Your posts give me the encouragement to get on with it Chris. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back