Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

last race for Jenson

Jackie Stewart nailed in it one. He said Hamilton should show more dignity in winning AND losing. He's a lucky boy, having the Merc for the last 3 seasons, and should suck it up when he loses. Rosberg should be congratulated from on high for giving the crybaby a hard time this year and keeping him honest.
Crybaby switched off as soon as he won the 2015 championship, and let Rosberg win 7 in a row. He took so long to wake up and turn up in 2016 that Rosberg had already got an edge. I think he felt he had 2016 sewn up and had a shock when Rosberg had his "Sh*t" together right from the start. Mark Webber commented that crybaby is untouchable when he turns up, but doesn't always turn up to races. He took several races to do that in 2016.A wee bit too arrogant methinks.
What a boring season it'd have been with no competition for crybaby, so thanks you Nico Rosberg for making it more interesting.
Button to Porsche WEC anyone? reckon that's a slam dunk, good for both of them and good for WEC. It'd sure get me to Silverstone in April for the 6 hours.

kp964 said:
The last race for Jenson Button today , i was gutted and had to bite my lip a little for him after his early exit , he received a great reception from everyone in the garage and a big hug from his Mum , seems such a nice bloke

I was there for the race (in fact his lock up when the wishbone finally gave out was right in front of my seat) and met JB in the autograph signing session on the Friday (I think, might have been the Saturday). He is a proper lad. After the session finished and Alonso had slipped away, JB stuck with the fans in the stage area and then the Oasis area. He promised us lots of doughnuts if he made it to the end of the race; alas not to be, but I've no doubt he would have done. Such enthusiasm, bubbly and funloving guy. Shall miss him very much indeed.

On the flight home to our left was a girl from a sports media promotions company who had worked for McLaren in the past and spent a lot of time around JB, and she confirmed he is indeed just what you see, a lovely bloke with time for everyone. Interestingly she said exactly the same of Lewis, but that they're just different personalities. To our right was a guy from C4 F1 productions who was possibly the chattiest air traveller I've ever seen :lol: He also had great things to say about JB and said that being around in the background for the DC/JB post race interview was hilarious. Likewise, he also sided with Lewis, praising him as an open / honest guy with a lot of time for people.

He then said although Nico was never anything other than polite, he was as dull as dishwater and never wanted to speak at length to anyone about anything. Interesting how from the other side of TV screen things seem so different.

f1 is a perfect example of modern not being better, I heard Mansell say that he doubts whether todays racers would be physically strong enough to drive an f1 car from 30 years ago, I think the Mansell, prost, senna, piquet era was the pinnacle of the sport, I loved it then, the knowledge that they had a clutch and manual gears, I could fkin relate to that.

Palladium said:
f1 is a perfect example of modern not being better, I heard Mansell say that he doubts whether todays racers would be physically strong enough to drive an f1 car from 30 years ago

Disagree with that; the drivers these days are fitter, stronger and have vastly more stamina than drivers of the Mansell era.

Here's Nigel Mansell in his racing prime:

f1-gp-du-canada-1983-nigel-mansell-team-lotus.jpg

Ayrton Senna

9cde25f3cde55a105aa4c74c264d9a74.jpg

And here's Lewis Hamilton

273216C700000578-0-Lewis_Hamilton_poses-m-35_1427889309427.jpg

Jenson Button runs multiple triathlons alongside training for racing

Fernando Alonso's neck muscles

418640_416853918373804_480181617_n.jpg

Palladium said:
I think the Mansell, prost, senna, piquet era was the pinnacle of the sport, I loved it then, the knowledge that they had a clutch and manual gears, I could fkin relate to that.

Agree with that; but for me that's not what the pinnacle of motorsport should represent. It should be the latest tech, it should be the pursuit of outright speed. F1 has lost that to a hefty degree and the rule changes next year will only bring back some of it IMO.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back