Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Happy with Britemax products

MJA911

I'm not a detailing expert using high end products from the likes of Zymol or SwissWax, but I do like to keep my car in good order and have generally used carlack, poorboys, collinite and autoglym products and been perfectly happy.

I won a Britemax kit of polishing glaze, sealant, wax, detailer, applicators via a Total 911 magazine competition and decided to take advantage of the dry weather this weekend to do a winter polish/seal/wax routine and also treat the hood to a clean/condition/re-proof using Renovo's products.

I found the Britemax products to be refined, easy on/easy off, no dust, no residue, do what they are supposed to and I'm happy with the results. Im a convert, so it's just Britemax, Renovo and LTT (interior) from now on, nice and simple :thumb:

IMG_2558.jpg

IMG_2557.jpg

Looks like a nice finish mate , I am 100% with you on the LTT interior very pleased with the products.
at the moment I like the finish of the bouncers check the fleck and other products on my bodywork but its always good to try new things and if you can get a nice reflection on a silver car that half the battle won. good job :grin: :thumb:

Cheers Phil. Like the look of the Bouncers range, similar price level to Britemax, but nice that they have specific products for specific finishes. Maybe check the fleck would help liven up silver and the winter wax blend with polymer sealant seems like a good idea too? Must try not to look any more! :D

MJA911 said:
Cheers Phil. Like the look of the Bouncers range, similar price level to Britemax, but nice that they have specific products for specific finishes. Maybe check the fleck would help liven up silver and the winter wax blend with polymer sealant seems like a good idea too? Must try not to look any more! :D

:floor: :floor: I know we could just spend and spend on all these products :grin:

Never tried Britemax myself but the results look good on your car with some amazing reflections.
Did you polish using a machine or by hand out of interest?

Been busy myself over the weekend detailing a 1 series BMW cab, it's been tough work but after 9 solid hrs really happy with the results but I ache all over so I don't want to see another car for a bit
:nooo:

Hi Kevin, it's just elbow power, often wonder about using a machine, but I think my saddo reputation score in the family would go up too much. The car was nicely prepped when I got it, didn't need any correction so I've taken from there.

I guess I've put a similar number of hours in this weekend on and off and I ache all over too! Glad I'm not the only one really, thought it was my poor technique in combination with being a man of a certain age :grin:

cudos to both of you, as I am also a man of a certain age and I have to get my valeters to look after it , otherwise I cant walk for a week. :grin: :thumb: and I have found in the past that £50 saved on getting the car detailed is £60 spent at the osteopath to get my back sorted after the detail .

I wouldn't be without my polishing machine now even though I only do my own car once a year. I going to do a muti stage detail on the 911 over the winter but once this is done a light polish and clay is all I should need to keep it looking good. I always wax by hand (it's the best bit) perhaps 4/5 times a year but as the car is garaged I'll disappear down the garage and do a few panels at a time.
It is hard work but rewarding to open that garage door pull off the cover and suddenly life seems a whole lot better :grin:

I think we are all in the same boat, the things we did as youngsters without issue we now pay the price in aches and pains for a few days. :eek:ld:

I never could afford a 911 back then so a few days creaking and growning now seems well worth it.

Phil, you appear to have a man maths equation for every situation lol :worship:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back