Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 GT3 RS 4.0 vs 911R

Disco said:
nick w said:
That's just going to be another Museum piece, and I wonder just how many
circuits that car has seen ?

:cop:

The Mexico one? I am fairly certain that the first owner took it at least to Spa and the 'ring, as was the case with its predecessor (he previously had a 3.8 in the same colour. almost positive that you have seen the 3.8 as I have a picture of that from the DN car park with James and Tracey in the background). Note that when the 4 litre was originally delivered it was specified with the decals deleted - one of the subsequent owners put those on and it looked miles better without. The vast majority of the total mileage on the car was done by the first owner though - the subsequent ones do seem to be treating it as a museum piece as you say.

Now that you mention it, I do recall seeing a rhd 3.8 RS gen 2 in Mexico many
moons ago... :wink:

nick w said:
Disco said:
nick w said:

The Mexico one? I am fairly certain that the first owner took it at least to Spa and the 'ring, as was the case with its predecessor (he previously had a 3.8 in the same colour. almost positive that you have seen the 3.8 as I have a picture of that from the DN car park with James and Tracey in the background). Note that when the 4 litre was originally delivered it was specified with the decals deleted - one of the subsequent owners put those on and it looked miles better without. The vast majority of the total mileage on the car was done by the first owner though - the subsequent ones do seem to be treating it as a museum piece as you say.

When were you in Mexico 🇲🇽 ?

Senoj said:
nick w said:
Disco said:
nick w said:

When were you in Mexico 🇲🇽 ?

You dope, you were there too when we saw that 997 GT3 RS Gen 2
in Mexico !.

:floor:

No way Jose, I haven't been to Mexico 🇲🇽 for about ten years!

Its been a while since the Riviera too come to think of it.

500 bags, blimey, that's silly money.

Did someone say riviera? :grin:

It's a tough choice, but if both were the same price (RS4.0 & R), I'd take the RS probably. Ooh, no I'd take the R... Um .. hmm. I need to think about it a bit more :D

NXI, nice article in 911 & Porsche World this month :thumbs:

Interesting article in there too about the production numbers on the 991 RS, apparently there is internet speculation (which I was unaware of until I read the article) that production on the RS was potentially in the region of 8000! They've spoken to some Porsche bloke though who's said that was poop, likely production will probably be around 3/4000 tops, if that. Why couldn't they do that with the R...

Still don't get it people...

The R is a 991 GT3 RS (amazing car obviously) with a manual box that the GT3 RS should always have had in the first place, no rear wing and some different styling.

The 4.0 has the most powerful Mezger, manual and looks better.

If the GT3 RS came with a manual box would you prefer it to the 4.0 because that's the real difference TBH.

Just saying!

I must admit, I'm not actually quite sure what you are saying :D

So you're saying even if the 991 RS came with a manual, would 'we' rather have that than a 997 4.0RS?

Depends on what the motivation was for the purchase in the first place

For driving I'd probably have the 991 RS (if manual), but for sticking away and forgetting until the day I retire I'd choose the 4.0

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back