Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My Porscha 964 Project 2017

BBS E series wheels were made for porsche....they are the best looking wheel for the 964 for ever and ever....

5.jpg

Will this be a RS lightweight built or a touring build?

does anyone know if the touring had rear seats?

Touring didn't have rear seats but did have the rear shelf and wheel arch liners that the non touring did without. The difference inside to a normal C2 are minimal.
I would strongly advise against deleting the wheel arch liners, they make a huge difference to usability due to the noise inside the cabin. I refitted mine for this reason.

did the 'touring' version keep most of the sound deadening? i see it had comfort seats with tri colored leather and actually the full door cars rather than RS piece of vinyl..

so it had no back seats but kept the parcel shelf? what was on the side panels in the rear.. just wondering as i'm trying to lose weight on my C2 but want to keep a sense of purpose and seems the touring version has a good balance between the two.

I think the sound deadening was also kept, imagine a standard car without rear seats and that is how the touring looks. Some also had a sunroof, headlamp washers, AC etc depending on what was added from the option sheet.
The normal RS has carpet under the rear side windows and carpet instead of a rear shelf. Too noisy for road use imo.

Lightweight Mate

Aiming for the lightweight option.

- Including the arch liners and parcel shelf
- Adding the rollcage and sound insulation
- replacing the C4 gearbox and drivetrain for a C2 version
- Sunroof staying
- No A/C on the car
- Other things yet to be decided incl the colour... (thinking Maritime or Polar)

K are you are keeping the arch liners and rear shelf or deleting them?

I would think doing seam welding is better than a cage but probably should have the experts chime in

More updates

More updates from Brian today. Car fully stripped and heading to the bodyshop to rectify the rust accumulated around the sill and rear arches.

More updates when the welding commences...

That rear inner wheel arch rust only becomes evident either if the oil tank or carpets and insulation are removed so it's not often seen. Its the mounting point for the oil tank support bobbin.

Re: More updates

Look forward to following the transformation :thumbs: - any more ideas on colour choice?

KMA880 said:
More updates from Brian today. Car fully stripped and heading to the bodyshop to rectify the rust accumulated around the sill and rear arches.

More updates when the welding commences...

Is it normal for cabin to be painted the exterior colour? My naivety suggests the factory may have 'saved paint' for areas destined to be covered by carpet/trim.

A very important point K. Insist that both the front wings are removed and treated down the seams. Don't let the car go for paint etc in the state shown in the pictures.

@KMA880
How's the project going currently? Body shell ready to paint yet?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back