Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gen 2 with engine problems required

Status
Not open for further replies.

bazhart

Barcelona
Just a reminder that - although we expect the Gen 2 cars to be more reliable - we would be interested in any Gen 2 car that does have an engine problem (particularly a scored bore) - contact me.

Baz

The only problem I've had with the .2 engine Baz is it tends to make the car go very fast !!

bazhart said:
Just a reminder that - although we expect the Gen 2 cars to be more reliable - we would be interested in any Gen 2 car that does have an engine problem (particularly a scored bore) - contact me.

Baz

Is this a publicity stunt, or are you saying the 997.2 NA engines are made of chocolate as well :? :? :?

Boba fett said:
bazhart said:

Baz

Is this a publicity stunt, or are you saying the 997.2 NA engines are made of chocolate as well :? :? :?

If Baz is still looking for one means they are few and far between and Porsche AG with gen 2 997 seems to have fixed the earlier cars issues with bore scoring etc. Does happen though - I know someone who it happened to with a gen 2 997. He had to fight Porsche for a new engine. :nooo:

Cynical or what?

No - not a publicity stunt.

One of the reasons we have become the recognised experts with M96/7 repairs is that we started very early, assessed the weak spots. trusted our judgement, designed manufactured and tested improvements and invested in equipment, facilities and people to handle the job efficiently - well ahead of market requirements.

Our trust in our judgement proved justified and we are now able to handle one repair/day with fantastic reliability.

We know some Gen 2 engines have scored bores and we would like to do very similarly to the last models except we now have all the people, space and equipment to handle things even quicker than before and want to get ahead of the market and analyse the engines.

We have already done so with an engine that was OK (and found one very interesting issue) but now we want to see one that is damaged to work out why and what to do about it. An engine would do but a whole car would be preferred.

I guess they are approaching an age when someone will have a failure, not be under warranty and need a way out.

Sorry to disappoint the doubters.

Baz

IMI A said:
Boba fett said:
bazhart said:

Baz

If Baz is still looking for one means they are few and far between and gen 2 seems to have earlier cars issues with bore scoring etc. Does happen though - I know someone who it happened to with a gen 2 997. He had to fight Porsche for a new engine. :nooo:

If I had an NA 997.2 I would not like to see this post, given the praise they have received over the .1

Poor form from an Engine Dealer, sorry.

:nooo: :nooo: :nooo:

bazhart said:
Cynical or what?

No - not a publicity stunt.

One of the reasons we have become the recognised experts with M96/7 repairs is that we started very early, assessed the weak spots. trusted our judgement, designed manufactured and tested improvements and invested in equipment, facilities and people to handle the job efficiently - well ahead of market requirements.

Our trust in our judgement proved justified and we are now able to handle one repair/day with fantastic reliability.

We know some Gen 2 engines have scored bores and we would like to do very similarly to the last models except we now have all the people, space and equipment to handle things even quicker than before and want to get ahead of the market and analyse the engines.

We have already done so with an engine that was OK (and found one very interesting issue) but now we want to see one that is damaged to work out why and what to do about it. An engine would do but a whole car would be preferred.

I guess they are approaching an age when someone will have a failure, not be under warranty and need a way out.

Sorry to disappoint the doubters.

Baz

WTF....

Cynical, read your first post "bad grammar an all"

Scaremongers more like.

+1 in the cynic camp. Very not impressed. Find a gen2 with bore score = Hartec rebuild the better option. Big apology expected.

warranty business slowing up as xmas approaches time to drum up some new business? :?:

Baz out of interest how many gen2s have you seen with bore score and what miles had they done ?

wildej said:
Baz out of interest how many gen2s have you seen with bore score and what miles had they done ?

Theres very few of these with engine problems .. but i have herd of a couple .. but we are talking about a drop in the ocean here .. its nothing to read and be concerned about , any item made will have some with defective components .. thats why we have warrenty .. unfortunatly with cars it may not become apparent untill many years after warrenty has run out .

Hartech seems to be takeing the sensible option and asking if anyone has had a problem could they get to investigate it to explore any possible future problems .. hard to advise , check , investigate etc if you never get an engine to look at in the first place .

Overall .. dont panic .. dont read too much into this .. and move along now .. nothing more to see here .. move along ...

just my 2 pennys worth anyways .

:agree: the voice of reason speaks :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back