Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Why didn't my launch control work?!!

megdog

Tried to do launch control on my 991.1 Carrera S today but it just held it on the brakes and didn't activate. I've done it in one at the Porsche Experience Silverstone, but i pressed Sport Plus, left foot on brake and pushed accelerator and it just wouldn't activate LC. Any ideas?!?!

Did you stamp on the accelerator, or gently (but firmly) press?

In my previous car (admittedly an Audi) you had to be very aggressive with the pedal to finalise launch control - it instantly shot up in revs (as you would expect) but then held at 5,000 (I think). If I didn't slam on the accelerator it wouldn't engage L/C and the revs would eventually go past 5,000.

It's an all or nothing process. I assume yours will be the same. Easy to do in a track environment, slightly un-nerving in the real world...

Still haven't got round to this! whenever i've had the opportunity, the roads have been greasy as hell.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back