Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Upgrades

mybaby911

Hi from a new member,
Need to do a bit of light re commissioning to my 3.2 over the winter, ready for next year. At the same time possible upgrade the front brakes. Never been over confident in the standard so my question is, are there any upgrades using parts from other models that fit and offer better braking?

Also, a few years ago I think I read that leaking push rod tubes could be repaired, new seals ? fitted without removing the engine, or am I imagining it :?:
Thanks

Hi, welcome to the forum. I'm new my self. Just got a 1979 911 sc in early October this year. I also want to restore the car and do some upgrades. It would be good to hear from other members about your questions regarding the brakes?

I was only thinking earlier, are the brakes from the 3.2 the same as the 911 sc 3.0? I think the brakes on my car are pretty good but then the power is less than yours at 188hp. 8.5.1 compression. I'm thinking of highering the compression to produce more power. So this is why I was thinking I may need a brake upgrade. But the standard brakes seem to work really well in my car, but it's worth mentioning that the discs front and back are new with new pads and the calipers have been overhauled. Also the tyres probably have 7-8mm on them all around, which will help slow the car down quicker. I'm guessing the 3.2 will be the same weight as mine?

Be interesting to hear from other members on the brakes?

I suggest you get onto impactbumpers.com it's the best site for these cars. Owners over their have mired their cars with all sorts of upgrades. Great bunch of guys and very knowledgeable about what works and what doesn't
👍

I bought a 1982 sc this year, I have had a total brake overhaul, but sitll standard brakes, the brakes are good now, not modern good, but good.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back