Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anyone tried Bridgestone RE71R tyres?

porkyb1

The GT3 & GT4 track addicts on rennlist are reporting better performance and track mileage with RE71Rs which are about 60% of the cost of Michelin Cup 2s.

Has anyone here tried these or indeed found a source in the UK?

porkyb1 said:
The GT3 & GT4 track addicts on rennlist are reporting better performance and track mileage with RE71Rs which are about 60% of the cost of Michelin Cup 2s.

Has anyone here tried these or indeed found a source in the UK?

Interesting. Do you know if they do 18s too?

On another note, glad to see you back on the forum! :thumb:

DynoMike said:
Interesting. Do you know if they do 18s too?

On another note, glad to see you back on the forum! :thumb:

Go to tirerack.com for sizes. They seem to list only 19" and 20" It may be moot unless I can find a UK source..

Been busy away and modding car, see thread on TPC Racing DSC module

Given the apparent total lack of any chatter about them in Europe, my first question is : are they actually legal here? The tread pattern looks a bit suspect to me and it is entirely possible that they might be about as road legal over here as Hoosiers (which were the source of much US chatter a few years back but were never even nearly legal over here {for that matter, those ones weren't even road legal in some states in the USA})?

As for price - I'd caution against expecting a European price to be anything like an American one. There have been cases in the past where people have found it cost effective to buy niche tyres from America and have them shipped by air then pay the tax and duty - the price difference really can be that high. It will be interesting to see if anyone has any more information, though I note that they don't have anything for the rears for the RS guys so they certainly won't be trying them out even if they are going to become available here.

^^Good points,

RE71R below - see tread

IMG_2635.jpg

Cup 2 below

IMG_2636.jpg

I was not looking to import but like-for-like USA prices the RE71R are much less expensive.

porkyb1 said:
DynoMike said:
Been busy away and modding car, see thread on TPC Racing DSC module

Just had a read up. Very interesting mods with a good insight in to the operation of the module. How did you find Castle Combe's bumps with that set up? I was with John and his orange GT3RS, so was busy clocking him and another friend on track, the result of which was I couldn't keep an eye on your Cayman at the same time. You have certainly modified your car well, is it quicker than a GT4 now?

If the weather is favourable on the 10th, I may hop over to watch proceedings.

Mike.

It is interesting to delve into the maps, their values, interaction and priority of application. I had a long chat with Mike Levitas about how it operates.

Unfortunately just before Silverstone and Castle Combe I had to dive to the kerb to miss a Nova driver who wanted my side of the road and kerbed my N/S rear wheel so I was running narrower OEM wheels and well worn Pirelli tyres. The DSC coped but the wheel/tyre didn't really suit the suspension set up.

Castle Combe bumps were fine, the trick is to decide where to brake around the two humps into Quarry.

Is it faster? it's faster than me.

Is a GT4 faster? Just on power and gearbox, mine is faster. But over a lap, GT4's better brakes, lighter weight, Cup2 and OEM developed suspension, will make it faster over a lap.

A couple of years ago it was sleeting on a Winter Silverstone track day, bring your thermals...

Interesting, thanks for sharing.

Re Silverstone; I was there with you in 2013 when you had your cab.... cold enough to freeze an eskimo! Hence my weather related quip.

Great to see you taking a 'stock' 981 forward, it must be good in order to entice the Center Gravity boys for a day out :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back