Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

TPC Racing DSC module ...

I recently bought one directly from TPC as I could beat the Parr price because I already had US dollars.

Fitting is easy, assuming the connectors are not too tight but all covered in Tom's video.

I ran back to back tests at Silverstone on Goldtrack's October 24 day with Chris Franklin (Centre Gravity) and Gary Marsh ([email protected]). We started with the DSC installed and then with the OEM PASM box. We are presently collating the (empirical) data but on road it is more compliant and on track it reduces initial dive on braking and stiffens loaded front on cornering (amongst several other things).

I think the reason it is more compliant on the road is that it runs Bilstein dampers from full soft (1500ma) to 400/500ma hardest whereas perhaps PASM might not run to 1500ma.

It operates through calibration tables (maps) defining a range of 31 data points for damper stiffness from soft to hard (front dampers are set to the same values [in ma] across the axle, similarly rears) with separate maps for Normal and Sport.

These damper calibration maps are accessed by other maps covering e.g. longitudinal and lateral G-force, first 1 second of braking, and acceleration which define which of the 31 data points to use for each damper.

So an illustration,

1. braking straight hard for a corner, the Braking map operates above a specified speed and brake pedal force thresholds for 1 second, and then

2. entering and through the corner the G-Force map takes over and stiffens the loaded front, and exiting softens the rears to help power out depending on the G-force loadings.

My car is a 981 Cayman S PDK with an Ehresmann 991 Carrera 3.8L engine and fully adjustable suspension fitted by Centre Gravity. It certainly helps road comfort as the car has quite stiff Eibach springs. On track, it helps on braking stability and getting on power earlier out of corners.

I am at Goodwood December 3rd and Silverstone December 10th to gather some more experience. I believe Chris Franklin and Pete have got a day off and will be at Silverstone so come and have a chat if you are at either day.

There is a comment on one of the other forums that DSC wont do a group buy directly, perhaps somebody wants to see if one of the UK distributors could do something instead. Anyone have a relationship with one of them?

Thinking of getting one of these.

If we can get a group buy of 10 or more I think it's possible to achieve a 20% discount or there abouts. PM me for further details.

porkyb1 said:
I recently bought one directly from TPC as I could beat the Parr price because I already had US dollars.

Fitting is easy, assuming the connectors are not too tight but all covered in Tom's video.

I ran back to back tests at Silverstone on Goldtrack's October 24 day with Chris Franklin (Centre Gravity) and Gary Marsh ([email protected]). We started with the DSC installed and then with the OEM PASM box. We are presently collating the (empirical) data but on road it is more compliant and on track it reduces initial dive on braking and stiffens loaded front on cornering (amongst several other things).

I think the reason it is more compliant on the road is that it runs Bilstein dampers from full soft (1500ma) to 400/500ma hardest whereas perhaps PASM might not run to 1500ma.

It operates through calibration tables (maps) defining a range of 31 data points for damper stiffness from soft to hard (front dampers are set to the same values [in ma] across the axle, similarly rears) with separate maps for Normal and Sport.

These damper calibration maps are accessed by other maps covering e.g. longitudinal and lateral G-force, first 1 second of braking, and acceleration which define which of the 31 data points to use for each damper.

So an illustration,

1. braking straight hard for a corner, the Braking map operates above a specified speed and brake pedal force thresholds for 1 second, and then

2. entering and through the corner the G-Force map takes over and stiffens the loaded front, and exiting softens the rears to help power out depending on the G-force loadings.

My car is a 981 Cayman S PDK with an Ehresmann 991 Carrera 3.8L engine and fully adjustable suspension fitted by Centre Gravity. It certainly helps road comfort as the car has quite stiff Eibach springs. On track, it helps on braking stability and getting on power earlier out of corners.

I am at Goodwood December 3rd and Silverstone December 10th to gather some more experience. I believe Chris Franklin and Pete have got a day off and will be at Silverstone so come and have a chat if you are at either day.

Great description of the functionality of the unit ...laymans terms , can't beat it .....
I like the sound of your Cayman with the Carrera engine ... A GT4 by any other name ....possibly better by the sound of the people involved with you?
T

Thanks for the above. Developing the car makes one realise how much engineering time and effort OEMs put into car development.

Coincidentally, I am back at Centre Gravity this Friday for a check over of the suspension settings before Silverstone Monday 27th. I loaned Chris my DSC unit over Winter as I was out of action with a shoulder operation so he could get some direct experience of the box and mapping and he will be re-fitting mine on Friday and we'll go through my maps. Chris has met with DSC and I guess has added DSC to his solutions set and been fitting the boxes to clients' cars.

I'm getting this fitted next month by 9e, was quoted £1K. Not sure if that includes fitting but will let you know.

apollokre1d said:
I'm getting this fitted next month by 9e, was quoted £1K. Not sure if that includes fitting but will let you know.

I think they charge £40 for fitting

Did 9e quote you £1000 for this?

Bikeracer1098 said:
apollokre1d said:

I am having other work done at the same time but I am pretty sure it was £1000 for the module yes. You have to order in advance as they sell out fast.

Bikeracer1098 said:
apollokre1d said:

Fitting the module is a 5 minute job for even the most cack-handed layman - only slightly more difficult than plugging your phone into its charger unit ... £40 for fitting really is paying money for old rope IMO ... :thumb:

Bikeracer1098 said:
Thinking of getting one of these.

If we can get a group buy of 10 or more I think it's possible to achieve a 20% discount or there abouts. PM me for further details.

Interested , pm sent

DeathStar said:
Fitting the module is a 5 minute job for even the most cack-handed layman - only slightly more difficult than plugging your phone into its charger unit ... £40 for fitting really is paying money for old rope IMO ... :thumb:

It took me 15 minutes to install in a Cayman because the multi connector "plugs" were really stiff (and being cack-handed) but beyond that it really is plug and play.

porkyb1 said:
DeathStar said:

It took me 15 minutes to install in a Cayman because the multi connector "plugs" were really stiff (and being cack-handed) but beyond that it really is plug and play.

Ok - 5 mins is a slight under-estimate ... :lol: ... but you know what I mean

We sell the DSC modules on regular basis. Last 2 weeks have sold 15 of them. They are really popular and we have installed them on all cars including 991RS etc.
If you have a 9x7 non turbo you also need an acceler as well which is a further £250+vat plus 2 hours installation. All other cars don't need it.

There are two version depending on the model. Later cars are v2 and earlier cars like 997 Turbo are v1.

Retail for v1 is £1065+vat and v2 is £1150+vat ( this includes delivery and import duties at current exchange rate.

I offer the best discounts on these, but only if there is a group buy so that delivery costs are significantly reduced.

As to installation it does not take long (depending on model). As regards to the £40+vat installation, that is purely because any car coming through the workshop has a minimum charge of £40+vat. Taking someone off another car, putting them on another all costs money.

Ken

996ttalot said:
We sell the DSC modules on regular basis. Last 2 weeks have sold 15 of them. They are really popular and we have installed them on all cars including 991RS etc.
If you have a 9x7 non turbo you also need an acceler as well which is a further £250+vat plus 2 hours installation. All other cars don't need it.

There are two version depending on the model. Later cars are v2 and earlier cars like 997 Turbo are v1.

Retail for v1 is £1065+vat and v2 is £1150+vat ( this includes delivery and import duties at current exchange rate.

I offer the best discounts on these, but only if there is a group buy so that delivery costs are significantly reduced.

As to installation it does not take long (depending on model). As regards to the £40+vat installation, that is purely because any car coming through the workshop has a minimum charge of £40+vat. Taking someone off another car, putting them on another all costs money.

Ken

Ken

Just checking for clarification
Both 997.1 and 997.2 require the v1
991 require the v2

Only the 997.1 non turbo require the additional parts for £250+VAT

The 997.1 turbo and all 997.2 only require the V1 on its own

Thanks

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members