Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Recommendations for roller garage door

Only problem I've heard of with roller doors and I don't know which make, is that if they get wet in the winter they can freeze and not open, especially so if your door faces away from the sun during the day and obviously if the door is open to the elements.
My two sectional doors are now installed and I can't recommend Hormann highly enough, they were supplied with every nut bolt and washer.

The King of Garage Doors

Silvelox are probaby the best on the market from an insulation, security and aesthetic perspective. No ugly chains or contraptions as their pivot system is hidden on the sides of the entrance.

Not cheap though...

http://www.silvelox.co.uk/garage-doors/

:)

I realize this is an old thread, but I keep running across these old discussions and finding I have suggestions or better info to offer.
I recently purchased a new house that has 2 9x7 garage doors. The doors haven't had any maintenance done to them recently as the prior occupants of the home were renters. I went to the local Home Depot and grabbed some lithium grease spray to lube up the hinges, the older steel rollers and the pulleys. After spraying everything down I noticed that some of the older rollers bearings just weren't any good anymore, so I went back to Home Depot to get 2-Inch 13 Ball Nylon Garage Door Rollers With 4-Inch Stem https://mechanicguides.com/best-garage-door-rollers/ ...$7 for 2 rollers, and my door has 10 rollers...so onto Amazon I went and found these puppies. I swapped out the older rollers for these and what a difference! My doors are so much smoother and quieter! I'm really happy with these rollers and they are a breeze to install.

You don't need to remove hinges and what not to get these rollers out...just find a loose spot in the track and use a screw driver to pop the old rollers off the track and pop these in. I swapped out the rollers on 1 door in 10 minutes tops by myself...no problem! I will be picking up a second set of these for my other door as they do such a good job. As the specs say, the shafts are about 4 inches long and they fit the standard 2 inch track.

Don't pay a garage door installer some ridiculous price when you can do it yourself very easily!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back