Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Jonttt's 993 C4S Journal

Up to 3am researching and tinkering to lock build spec today.

Man Maths / mission creep as always so spec always goes up and not down. At least its done now...

See the Car here

Price
Base price Macan GTS 95BAS1£ 55,188.00
Price for Equipment £ 11,593.00
Total Price*£ 66,781.00

Exterior Colour
Carrara White Metallic 2Y £ 608.00

Interior Colour
Black leather package with partial leather seats VF £ 0.00

Exterior
LED main headlights including Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus) 8IS £ 465.00
ParkAssist (front and rear) with Surround View 8A4 £ 834.00
Panoramic roof system 3FU £ 1,092.00
Privacy glass VW1 £ 320.00
Roof rails painted in black 3S5 £ 219.00
Sideblades painted in exterior colour 6H1 £ 0.00
SportDesign exterior mirrors Exclusive 6FB £ 315.00

Transmission / Chassis
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) G1D £ 0.00
Power steering Plus 1N3 £ 179.00
Air suspension with self-levelling, ride-height control and Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) 1BK £ 1,004.00
Sport Chrono Package QR5 £ 729.00
75-litre fuel tank 0M2 £ 0.00

Wheels
21-inch Sport Classic wheels Exclusive C9K £ 441.00
Wheel Accessories 18-inch collapsible spare wheel 1G1 £ 155.00

Interior
Lane Change Assist 7Y7 £ 396.00
Automatically dimming interior and exterior mirrors PA2 £ 243.00
Light comfort package (i.c.w driver memory package, comfort memory package or adaptive Sports seats with comfort memory package)
PP8 £ 210.00
Adaptive sports seats with comfort memory package (18-way) PE6 £1,214.00
Seat heating (front) 4A3 £ 284.00
Side airbags in rear compartment 4X4 £ 251.00
Speed limit indicator 9Q6 £ 243.00
Heated steering wheel 2ZH £ 182.00
Storage package QE1 £ 162.00
Smoker package 9JB £ 36.00
Interior Leather Personalised reversible loadspace mat with leather edging incl. sill protection Exclusive AFZ £ 158.00
Interior Aluminium Brushed interior package in black 5TH £ 0.00

Audio / Comm.
Navigation Module for Porsche Communication Management (PCM) 7UG £ 1,052.00
Connect Plus IV2 £ 801.00

Total Price: £ 66,781.00

:hand: Be careful or you'll end up doing your dough on the wrong 'extras'

H e a t e d s t e a r i n g w h e e l ? . .

No.

Otherwise, yes! Post up some screen grabs?

MattyR said:

No.

Absolutely and get this over the heated screen as the filaments are too visible to the point of distraction (or they were in my Cayenne).

Adaptive Cruise Control :dont know: Once you've got this you'll never go back to a standard system

Jonttt ...... I would dearly love to be in a similar position ....... good for you!! ...... enjoy the journey ....... :)

Zingari said:
:hand: Be careful or you'll end up doing your dough on the wrong 'extras'

I finalised the spec at 3am after an evening out for my birthday. There was a lot of randomness in the option selection.

In fact I can't even remember what I specced :D

Well OK it was 3am but I was sober(ish) and did plenty of research over ...... 1 day :thumb:

Started looking on Wednesday, order locked Thursday with a Feb build/March delivery.....

yep the £600 immediate VED saving from hitting the holey grail 17 plate pre April slot resulted in me spending £2k on extra options :frustrated:

My man logic was I could get her a Kia (or simlilar), she would be happy with that. I could then splurt c£40k on a second hand boxster/cayman 8) but do I really need 5 cars sat on the drive :?:
So my logic was find a car for SWMBO which I wold drive. Not an easy task. I tried to convince her an AM would be a good choice :flowers: but bench seats and mother in laws ability to even get through the door was a no no :roll:
So my options where limited, RR Sport was off the list after having one for a month. The reviews of the Macan GTS and totally fluke in being able to get the right build slot (right place right time) made me pull the trigger. So I am not going to get a boxster now :?: and it allowed me to justify some extras that I wanted.

ps heated steering wheels are underrated, already have it on every morning in the RR :bandit:

SWMBO has no idea yet. I wonder if I can get to pickup day without telling her :?: but she has never driven an auto before, her drive home could be fun :floor:

cableguy said:
Nice car and options. Did you look at the Jag F Pace?

C.

Very quickly but they are already pretty common around Liverpool :roll:

I considered the sporty audi SUV and the BMW one but ......Quad exhausts always get me going and you only get this sound with one SUV under £100k ....

https://youtu.be/lUQY1Z0RbYk

I'm getting a slight tingle about a family Wagon :oops:

The only thing that I know that comes close to the sound in an SUV is the RR Sport SV but that's silly money and a month in a loaded Sport Dynamic put me off them.

You don't see many Macans floating round town is that because none of the scals can afford the lease on them ? :D

Zingari said:
MattyR said:

No.

Absolutely and get this over the heated screen as the filaments are too visible to the point of distraction (or they were in my Cayenne).

Adaptive Cruise Control :dont know: Once you've got this you'll never go back to a standard system

I very very rarely use Cruise. I've got adaptive on the RR and still never use it. The Macan will hardly ever venture onto a motorway in any case.

I did not spec a heated screen (can't even remember it being an option). I've had cars where they are distracting but on the RR I forget it has it (it comes on automatically so I never even press the button).

jonttt said:
cableguy said:
Nice car and options. Did you look at the Jag F Pace?

C.

Very quickly but they are already pretty common around Liverpool :roll:

I considered the sporty audi SUV and the BMW one but ......Quad exhausts always get me going and you only get this sound with one SUV under £100k ....

https://youtu.be/lUQY1Z0RbYk

I'm getting a slight tingle about a family Wagon :oops:

The only thing that I know that comes close to the sound in an SUV is the RR Sport SV but that's silly money and a month in a loaded Sport Dynamic put me off them.

The opposite here in the North East/North Yorkshire... loads of Macans and Cayennes and seen very few F Pace's.
Reason I mention it is that these new Jags are seriously good cars. I run a new shape V8 XJ as a daily and i'm seriously impressed with the car compared with my previous 6 cylinder diesel BMW's and M5's.

The V6 Supercharged sounds bloody good and is highly rated by the journo's: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG_V_R7DOcc

C.

There are a lot of senior Jag/LR staff in Liverpool :wink:

The F-Pace just does not have the same road presence for me, there is something about the shape that makes them look unbalanced. I prefer the look of the sporty Q3 and even RR sport.

I've had a Macan loaner today, it was the diesel with the PASM and Air suspension.......... it shifted and even devoid of the petrol noise (no sport exhaust) was easily the best sports diesel I've driven. In sport plus it was just manic, the chassis was sublime. Even on undulating roads the weight of it did not cause it to feel unbalanced at any time. I had a blast with a c5k rev limit. Can't wait to get in one with some power to match the chassis.

More than happy with my choice,

The looks, especially in GTS guise, the chassis (with PASM), the noise, the road presence, the badge and of course the practicality are all boxes only one car ticked for me and (I hope) for SWMBO (when she finds out).

A common age related OCD "Issue" :roll: with the 993 is that the rear centre light unit plastic fogs over time with exposure to UV light. This can't be polished out and requires a new unit to rectify.
Its one of those things that was not necessary but on the nice to do list so I've kept my eyes open for any discounted new units on eBay etc... with zero luck.
The "What have you bought your 993" thread identified an online car discount store that was selling these at a discount and so I took the opportunity to order one.
It arrived today and I'm pleased to say is genuine Porsche stock of newly manufactured part.
The item came very very well packaged in a large outer box, inner box and loads of soft packaging to protect what can be a delicate unit when not fitted. Opened in perfect condition...

These are easy to fit so I'll wait a few weeks until it warms up :what:

A good time to fit Tore's LED bulbs Jonttt, if you don't already have them.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjar
Back