Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Centre gravity - Atherstone

Do you recommend coffin arms, antiroll bars and top mounts etc?

Yes, if they need doing or you are upgrading your suspension. If you want to spend your money transforming your car, be guided by what the guys say.......................you are in safe hands......just listen to them, and tell them what your aspirations are.

The systematic examination of steering, suspension and brakes will identify any parts that should be replaced. They stock them if required and can replace parts if required BEFORE doing any geometry.

You will be in good hands with Chris and Pete.

Don't buy a shed load if parts before CG. Let them tell and show you what needs to be replaced and why.

I didn't like the handling of my turbo at all. Took it to CG and Chris spend a lot of time on the car. Took their advice and fitted new coffin arms and replaced some worn bits. Cost a bit of money, but came away with a much better setup.

I only replaced some worn tyres before going there, left the rest up to them.

Love the feel and handling of the car now and have a lot more confidence in it.

That's cool. I want them to have a quick look before taking car apart so I can get bits etc bit at a time as trying to avoid a big bill and also if they have the parts there then there is no wasted time. Made a mistake of taking it to a non Porsche place before so a little way.

You should speak to them about the process.

For me and I think this is normal, you arrive, have a coffee and a chat. They drive your car and tell you how it is setup, what is wrong/right with it and what it is doing. Some of this is mind blowing. Chris had told me all the issues before we had got off the estate! (including the roundabout). He was right when he later put it on the ramps, etc.

They then talk you through the options, work required, costs and likely results. If you don't want to spend on the day, then they will set it up as it is, but this might mean you will have to do it again (or guess/hope it will be right) after you change parts, etc.

They will set it up to suit your driving style, e.g. track, fast A/B roads, country roads only, etc.

The work is done on the day (am or pm) and they will usually complete any changes on the day. They worked on mine for abiut 7 hours so that I could drive it home. That was rare, but they did a lot of work.

Talk to them. They will no doubt give you more info than I can.

You won't waste money there ... he won't change anything that doesn't need doing. He will use coffin arms that he knows work well and actually cost less than OEM. My bill came out lower than he estimated!

My only regret is not thinking of lowering it at same time. Would have saved me doing the geo twice :frustrated:

They spent 2 days on mine, and I was there all the time (too far to get home and back) but I had new dampers, springs,poly bushes, full geo, corner weighting, the lot. Quite an expenditure, but I am sure competitive................................................totally transformed my car, and worth every penny!!

I had a 'health check' before any work, approx 2 hours £200, of which 25% is deducted from your final invoice if you decide to have the work done.
As above after the new bits and geo the difference was immediate.

My car has had geos at both my indie and OPC this year, new steering rack, new tyres and given a bill of good health by all and yet I retained a nagging feeling that it wasn't 100%. So, had my inaugural CG experience today and thoroughly enjoyed it, a real pleasure to see an expert at work who appears to care as much as I do that my car is sorted. Returning soon for the identified works to dampers, control arms and ball joints plus the full CG geo :thumb:

Another recommend. The Centre Gravity team make a geo an occasion. You are fully involved in the process (if you want to be!). Chris and Pete will talk you through the what and why of what they are doing. Why sit in reception drinking horrible coffee (not that there's is) when you can be in the workshop getting an education in Porsche suspension?

A page and a half of posts all recommending them should give you confidence your car is in the right hands.

Another vote of confidence for COG.....
My 993 drove like a GT car and felt a bit woolly in the corners-
It now feels like a sports car and handles considerably sharper-
Not cheap as chips but you get what you pay for......
wish I'd taken my 993 there years ago.

I've had two cars totally transformed by them...coming from Nice they're not exactly local but it's been worth every bit of effort. They'll ask you what you want (guess most opt for fast road setup) and then you can just trust them to work their magic.

This thread has me booking with them for a new set up as my car is not much fun to drive as it is. OPC did a wheel alignment and the car felt weird. I requested a copy of my wheel alignment and sent it down to CG via email with an overview of the cars handling characteristics. His response was as if he's driven the car from what he's seen in the printout, right down to the fact that my steering wheel is slightly off centre.
I'm locking them in tomorrow for my session. I can't wait to see what I get back.

6 hours so far ....in good hands, the attention to detail is best I've ever experienced in having anything done to my car :thumb:

New front inner rods end, rear track control arms and rear dampers done, new bolts where old ones were stretched or seized, everything cleaned and waxed plus minor repairs done to various undertray and brake air channels fixings. Tyres have been taken off, reseated and rebalanced, wheels about to go back on, then its the full geometry set up as per Chris's suggested settings.

Photo%2011-11-2016%2C%2011%2003%2032.jpg

MJA911 said:
6 hours so far ....in good hands, the attention to detail is best I've ever experienced in having anything done to my car :thumb:

New front inner rods end, rear track control arms and rear dampers done, new bolts where old ones were stretched or seized, everything cleaned and waxed plus minor repairs done to various undertray and brake air channels fixings. Tyres have been taken off, reseated and rebalanced, wheels about to go back on, then its the full geometry set up as per Chris's suggested settings.

Photo%2011-11-2016%2C%2011%2003%2032.jpg

Superb! You will most certainly notice the difference :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mapp
Back