Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 tracker

jojito

Hi.
I have the standard 991c2s tracker where the batteries seem to expire every 6 months and we have to reset having spoken to vodaphone a few times. Doesnt seem to be resetting that the moment despite new battery and Vodaphone performinga reset over the phone. Complete pain in the ass - they advise you should be carrying separately in your pocket not in porsche supplied leather poach or lovely clear plastic original issue, or attached in any way to your keys.
Anyone got any ideas or do I need to take into Porsche?
Brill car in every other way.. manual.
Many thanks.
Jim :)

Had my fair share of run-ins and messing about with Cobratrak/Vodaphone over the years on both Porsche and Audi. :nooo:

6 months is just not right. Got about 18 months out of my last battery before things became a little erratic. My current replacement one is on 12 months and is showing no issues.

May be just dud replacement batteries, so suggest buying the very best lithium replacement battery that you can find. Apologies if you already have the best lithium battery in place.

6 monthes for the fob battery isnt right .. 18 monthes at least and should really last a lot longer .. maybe something is activateing the fob ? something pressing the button although to be fair you have to press it hard so it might be a fault with the fob , get one under warrenty ?

If you keep the tracker fob with your keys and they get stolen then the theif can take your car .. if fob is out of range then they wont be able to start the car .

Salesman should really point this out instead of giveing you the nice key wallet and saying use that.

The Vts can get "upset" by other things , i think it needs checking out as a fob battery going flat should be no more than just replaceing the battery , you shouldn,t need to phone tracker for a reset .. unless the system has totally altered in the last 2 years as thats how it used to be .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back