Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 Cat D

I agree with those comments. But they require a physical inspection. CB mentions likely front end job but I don't know how it is possible to tell from those photos. That's why I'd also like to know how to spot a crash-repaired wreck from ad photos.

The seller did say it was a front end impact.

I inspected the car in person, it definitely wasn't an exhaustive inspection as I did it at the side of the road.

What I can say is that all the panel gaps looked good, I pulled the carper to the side in the frunk and I couldn't see any chassis leg damage, paint looked correct. I can't comment on the quality of the paint as the car was absolutely filthy.

cheshire911 said:
I agree with those comments. But they require a physical inspection. CB mentions likely front end job but I don't know how it is possible to tell from those photos. That's why I'd also like to know how to spot a crash-repaired wreck from ad photos.

The front end is pissed mate... It's not even straight. Then the wing gap is massive and not lined up drivers side.

CB: Thnaks for those. I had a look, but when I zoom in on the picture the resolution is cr&p, so I struggle to see the poins that you make. I'll remember to show you pictures of a car I intend to buy, your eyesight seems to be much better than mine!

cheshire911 said:
CB: Thnaks for those. I had a look, but when I zoom in on the picture the resolution is cr&p, so I struggle to see the poins that you make. I'll remember to show you pictures of a car I intend to buy, your eyesight seems to be much better than mine!

No worries Mate,

Looking at the front picture. Head on.. The car looks bent. Doesn't look square. Just look at it again. You can see it a mile off.

Don't know what the seller is playing at, but he has increased the sale price upto £55k. It's not worth anywhere near that. When I was haggling with him, he kept mentioning non CAT D models where £80k, what he perhaps fails to realise is that the £80k cars have cast iron history, original body work and paint, lower mileage and warranties either from reputable indies or Porsche (or both)

It would be a shame if it has, I was trying to do the guy a favour by pointing more eyes in his direction after I had to pull out of the deal.

veearrsix said:
Don't know what the seller is playing at, but he has increased the sale price upto £55k. It's not worth anywhere near that. When I was haggling with him, he kept mentioning non CAT D models where £80k, what he perhaps fails to realise is that the £80k cars have cast iron history, original body work and paint, lower mileage and warranties either from reputable indies or Porsche (or both)

What price did you agree with him ?

Anyone serious about a CATD GT3 will most probably (and hopefully) do all the necessary searches and inspections. This will highlight the true worth of the car regardless of what the seller attempts to influence.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back