Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Which oil?

F9ank

Hi All,

Have recently purchased a 1986 Carrera 3.2 Supersport with the 915 gearbox. Done a quick search on the forum, but haven't seen anything indicating which oil I should use?

A search of the web so far suggests 5W-40 and fully synthetic is fine?

Thanks!

Well with the clocks changing tonight you can spend your extra hour searching a much discussed subject online and sadly you'll probably come away with information overload. It's basically split into three groups....cheapo original mineral 'tractor' stuff, super expensive high tech nano type synthetic, or 10w40 semi. I've been using the latter (Mobil Super 2000 API SL).

Obviously someone from the other two groups will say my choice is wrong and I should go into a corner and hang my head in shame.

Thanks guys. 10w 40 semi it is

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back