Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Advice on brake pads? What are these

CB

Can some one offer advice ? These pads don't look like standard brand new pads?

They are not standard, which have yellow paint on the backing plate. These look suspiciously like EBC Reds. I'd also hazard a guess that they are designed to fit the earlier 6-pot calipers as they appear to overhang the inside edge of the disc & would therefore not be sweeping the outside edge which will mean they are less efficient at actually stopping the car.

Well I am very pissed off. Dealer was supposed to have fitted brand new genuine items...

Maybe the discs are not even OEM.

Fyi. Nxi, Std pads on my gen 2 are/were red.

Hmm, I wonder if there are different options then. The ones in my 997.2 are OEM & yellow. OP, those discs are genuine OEM no question & look brand new.

I still think they don't look to be sitting on the disc correctly but that may just be the camera angle...

NXI20 said:
I still think they don't look to be sitting on the disc correctly but that may just be the camera angle...

Not quite lined up are they. Will probably create a lip on the rotors. Hard to tell with the picture though.

NXI20 said:
Hmm, I wonder if there are different options then. The ones in my 997.2 are OEM & yellow.

I am pretty certain that there were 2 kinds of OE pads when the 997.2 came out - one was red and the other was a yellow "sport" pad. I've never heard of anyone fitting the red ones come pad change time though - on track, even the yellow ones only last about about 3 days..... :what:

I'd always assumed that the red ones were discontinued, but it would appear not. Probably nothing wrong with them for road use.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back