Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Superyacht video (added a new vid)

These boat should are toys to these guys in much the same way our cars are to us. I've seen the estates he owns and they made me realise how small a thing the boat was in his world.

I did some work with my counterpart on the new build that was at the time called Project White Pearl. It's now called SY A (sailing yacht A). It's massive (140m) and it's mass are so high there was talk during the build it would be unable to fit under the bridge in the Panama Canal (a big problem if you want to avoid going around the horn).

Octopus is a beautiful thing. I almost went to work there a few years back. It's one of three boats he owns.

Well done, keep up the good video work :thumb:

Personally I hate boats, and I've been on some smart ones. I just don't get them. I hate caravans too. I'd have a little motorboat though. That would do the trick, we're all different, still, whatever...what's the phrase?

Kimbo said:

Personally I hate boats, and I've been on some smart ones. I just don't get them. I hate caravans too. I'd have a little motorboat though. That would do the trick, we're all different, still, whatever...what's the phrase?

CAravan, MY A, thats some juxtaposition there :floor:

A boat like that, to my naive eye, is an office that moves about, or a country pile that moves about. Its not a boat in the same way you'd have a sports car or bike. I mean all the owner is doing is sitting in there probably on the phone, web. He's not learning the art of sailing :floor: he's loafing about...worlds mad, how you can reconcile this with Aleppo i dont know.

Senoj said:
Kimbo said:

CAravan, MY A, thats some juxtaposition there :floor:

A boat like that, to my naive eye, is an office that moves about, or a country pile that moves about. Its not a boat in the same way you'd have a sports car or bike. I mean all the owner is doing is sitting in there probably on the phone, web. He's not learning the art of sailing :floor: he's loafing about...worlds mad, how you can reconcile this with Aleppo i dont know.

Haha yeah caravan is similar!

Absolutely the owners have no interest in sailing. That's not why they have these things. In fact MY A owner used to leave the boat and fly to the next location and join when we arrived to avoid any rough weather. He was about finding the best beach, setting up a spot on the beach (crew did that) and chilling there all day. He also liked scuba so we'd go to find places where he could dive.

It's a show of wealth in a way. Some owners have three yachts or more, which you can't use at least at once but hey if you can afford it. I can't argue with their reasons as it's my career and I would do the same thing if I had the money.

Some people go on about things that are happening in the world but are they supposed to solve it, give all of their money away to fix it? Many of the owners do give lots of money away. Paul Allen does a lot of that as does Bill Gates.

OK guys I made another video. This one is our trip home to Monaco from Greece. Let me know what you think (except Kimbo :what: )

"It's a show of wealth in a way. Some owners have three yachts or more, which you can't use at least at once but hey if you can afford it. I can't argue with their reasons as it's my career and I would do the same thing if I had the money."

Some people can afford it by asset stripping multi million pound household names, then buying another yacht with the proceeds. Most of the owners are only one good lawyer away from a high security prison.

Superb video isys, quite an eye opener. Thanks for posting.

Mike.

easternjets said:
"It's a show of wealth in a way. Some owners have three yachts or more, which you can't use at least at once but hey if you can afford it. I can't argue with their reasons as it's my career and I would do the same thing if I had the money."

Some people can afford it by asset stripping multi million pound household names, then buying another yacht with the proceeds. Most of the owners are only one good lawyer away from a high security prison.

I take it you're talking about 'Sir' Philip Green. Pretty shocking behaviour there. I know people who work on his yachts however and they are very well looked after. Very little turnover of crew which is a good sign for crew.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back