Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Spoiling my nice clean wheels

Chillout

OK, so I spend a good three hours cleaning, drying and polishing off my car including the wheels. I take her out for a drive and when I get back there is rusty water dried all over the wheels that I presume has come out the brakes. Anyone else get this? Is there a solution? thanks.

I had the same problem and it is really annoying. If the brakes are left wet the pads used to stick on, if you drive the car you get the rusty ring that needs cleaning again.
I now have new discs but I know it`s just a matter of time before it starts again :evil:

I would say that there are two solutions to this problem:

#1 Wait for the brakes to dry out. To help with this blow the water out of the disks with a Metro Vac Blaster Sidekick.
http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/metro-vac-blaster-sidekick.html

#2 Don't clean the insides of the wheels so that a bit of rusty splash won't show. :yuk:

I recommend option #1. The blaster is a fantastic piece of kit. Until you use one you won't believe how much water hides under badges and around the lights.

madge said:
I would say that there are two solutions to this problem:

#1 Wait for the brakes to dry out. To help with this blow the water out of the disks with a Metro Vac Blaster Sidekick.
http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/metro-vac-blaster-sidekick.html

#2 Don't clean the insides of the wheels so that a bit of rusty splash won't show. :yuk:

I recommend option #1. The blaster is a fantastic piece of kit. Until you use one you won't believe how much water hides under badges and around the lights.
y

+1 for the Metro vac blaster .... This is a great piece of kit ........my solution also ....

The neighbours will think you are mad though ....mine do ..!!
Terry

I have a vacuum that sucks and blows, I do blast out all the nooks and crannies, it works great. Thing is I have sport designs and it is hard to get into the disks. I will give it a try this weekend and see if I can blast the disks out better and see if it makes a difference.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back