Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sunroof repair

larthe

Hi all!
New to the forum, thought I'd try to contribute. I own a 3.2 litre 911 Carera -88 that ha been with me for quite some time now and have rarely given me trouble. This summer though the sunroof made a cracking sound and suddenly stopped at about 2" open and would not go further, but could be closed again. I was able to dismantle it thanks to some excellent advice on the Pelican parts web, but made one mistake that might cost me some time in reassembly. The front supports are attached by 2 bolts each plus a plate wedging the supports to the sunroof, and the supports are in turn screwed on to the sliders with one crew each. I mistakenly removed these screws, but later discovered them to constitute the height adjustment for the front of the sunroof, so I will have to do some adjustments in re-assembly. Shouldn't be too hard though, but others be warned.

The broken part was one of the small nylon inserts that are attached as slides at the front of the sunroof itself. These go over the pressed edge of the sunroof tray, and prevents it from snagging on the rails when opened. One had cracked and the front part was missing, causing the jab. I was able to get new ones ordered from the local Porsche dealer (I'm in Sweden) for a very reasonable price, so sorry, no business for Pelican parts but kudos for a very informative web page. Had I not been able to get new ones, I would have made a 3D model of them and had my brother in law print out new ones on his 3D printer.

Attachments

• sunroof_319.jpg
    sunroof_319.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 7,180

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back