Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Potential daily driver, lots of miles :) (Now Actual Driver)

6appeal said:
Learned something new today after a phone a friend moment...

I'd wondered why my heated wing mirrors weren't... well, heated. As had to stop the other day and dry the mirror glass as couldn't see a thing in them. Looked in the manual and couldn't find a mention of any switches... looked in the spec and they are "heatable".

As always, easy when you know how. They are controlled via the heated rear window switch!!!

Good to know! Must try mine now that the weather is getting colder. Wonder if they are standard item.

jazzy2000 said:
Good to know! Must try mine now that the weather is getting colder. Wonder if they are standard item.

Yes they are :thumbs:

The Playmobil 911 was delivered today. Joined the other horses, princesses and knights. ;)

Attachments

• thumb_img_6965_1024_908.jpg
    thumb_img_6965_1024_908.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 7,578
and not forgetting the conkers the 4 yr old daughter found today...

On my cars for dipping near side mirror selector switch has to be on right mirror position I think for it to dip.

Autumn Sunrise.

Attachments

• img_6978_316.jpg
    img_6978_316.jpg
    668 KB · Views: 7,744
1 Month in... 2,061 miles covered... 30mpg average... huge grin every mile...

The pre-purchase concern of Range Anxiety proving not to be an issue, getting about 440 miles per tank, so whilst the 64 litre tank is a little on the small side, its manageable. If there were a cost option for a 70-80 litre tank, I would be a customer, to get to my ideal of 500 miles out of a tank.

After 8 years of diesel, thank god I haven't accidentally grabbed the black nozzle at the pumps (not wishing to curse myself)... its been green all the way, as have been paranoid about that.

The car has certainly bedded in now, you can feel that its unwound itself a little, it has a noticeable readiness to sprint out of the starting blocks.

Noticeable that people are welcoming of the car... to let out of a junction; to allow space for change of lanes; to say hello at the petrol station. Thankfully no adverse reactions yet, although have kept it low-profile at work and nothing on social media etc. (only here!)

The car has proved a definite daily driver and family friendly. Whether school run, shopping... running on all road surfaces in comfort and without issue. Although the daughter has been advised that whilst she can press the exhaust button, she's not allowed to press the wing button, as that enables the car to fly!

The car is nigh on perfect, all aspects of driving is HUGE GRIN factor. Naturally then tend to go to comments on the technology functions rather than the engineering. The interior light package, whilst a quirky option, now that its dark in morning and evenings, its very nice. The PCM & adaptive mapping is spot on. The iPhone app is dead handy, to check if you've locked the car etc and to see your tyre pressures and fuel for peace of mind. Keyless entry and start is brilliant, I love the JEDI function how you open the boot, using THE FORCE hand gesture to magically open it without physically touching anything.

Washing it is a joy, panel gaps and small touches like the junction between the windscreen and the body is nigh on aero perfection. (as an aside, there really is no need for a rear screen wiper, under any weather circumstances IMO).

Niggles are few and far between, and you've got to be pretty pedantic to complain:
- The handbrake button is without question, the wrong way around!
- Wish that Apple CarPlay worked wirelessly.
- Miss the shortcut buttons from my BMW iDrive. They were dead handy to customise as you wish.
- A bit weird that when you have AirPlay on, you can't use PCM phone, you have to use the airplay phonebook etc. Would be nice that you can use PCM & AirPlay in parallel instead of one or the other.

Thought I was going to miss my Heads Up Display from last couple of cars, but the dashboard layout and adaptive screen of the 911 is sound.

Saw a new Black 4S around the corner from me on Friday, the only other 991.2 I've seen on the road.

One performance improvement this week is that the car now has a better power to weight ratio, as I ground out on a speed bump last week despite care on all speed bumps for obvious reasons. Jesus it made a horrific noise!!!, clearly sounded worse that it actually was, as I was expecting to get out the car and see either a hole in the front splitter/skirt or the floor pan. Thankfully from close inspection of the speed bump and under my car, it was a tiny bit of underseal from a small metal rib below the front boot (the grey gunk), that was left on the speed bump. Don't think I'd want it any lower than it is!

Got little brother this week! Same paint colour, nearly as fast ;) (except the alloys). Getting the Tamiya RC 911 kit next week!

Attachments

• weightsaving_213.jpg
    weightsaving_213.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 7,656
  • littlebrother_460.jpeg
    littlebrother_460.jpeg
    117.7 KB · Views: 7,656
Great read, always enjoy reading your journey of discovery with the 991.2

Knowing that your 911 is 10mm higher then mine, this worrying for my 911!!!

Have you found a good way to drive over these speed bumps?

When I test drove the 911 earlier in the year I agree with you regarding the handbrake it will take time to get used to it. I will also miss the iDrive programmable buttons as well.

alpinaB3 said:
Knowing that your 911 is 10mm higher then mine, this worrying for my 911!!!

Have you found a good way to drive over these speed bumps?

When I test drove the 911 earlier in the year I agree with you regarding the handbrake it will take time to get used to it. I will also miss the iDrive programmable buttons as well.

Ha! You'll be fine. It was one out of a run of about 15 speed bumps, was evidently slightly higher than the rest. The other 14 no issue, and the first time I've had a problem. Normally dead centre, but if it looks taller than the norm, over to one side marginally.

Good luck, and hold your breath over those evil bumps! ;)

Ok, confession... I'm getting slightly obsessed when in traffic, playing with the sport mode and the sound of the exhaust crackle and pop when crawling along and coming off the accelerator.... and then when the traffic parts, away we goooooo!!!!!!

I need to go and find some tunnels to play with ;)

Bought another 911 :thumb:

Thankfully labour rates excluded. Waiting for couple of upgrades to be delivered then on with the build.

Attachments

• fullsizerender_596.jpg
    fullsizerender_596.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 7,465
  • img_7208_851.jpg
    img_7208_851.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 7,465
Open road spirited drive home... SWEET MARY MOTHER OF JESUS!!! these things shift if you want them to. :eek:

Laugh out loud fast... took me back to my RS6 days pinned in seat acceleration, but with agility added.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
911tt1
Back