Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.2 Sweet spot

Like everything in life contentment is key to happiness. 4 weeks ago i purchased my 09 997.2 carrera from opc. No S badge. Do i care ? Not one bit. I am in a happy place cause i stuck to my budget and avoided buyers regret. Plenty of power, sweet engine, pdk and sports seats. Not bothered about red callipers and barely perceivable bhp gain. Happier with £265 road tax, £340 Insurance and good mpg. For me any kind of financial stretch just ruins the ownership experience..

Attachments

• screenshot_20160924_153017_950.jpg
    screenshot_20160924_153017_950.jpg
    745.6 KB · Views: 8,970
adi7 said:
Like everything in life contentment is key to happiness. 4 weeks ago i purchased my 09 997.2 carrera from opc. No S badge. Do i care ? Not one bit. I am in a happy place cause i stuck to my budget and avoided buyers regret. Plenty of power, sweet engine, pdk and sports seats. Not bothered about red callipers and barely perceivable bhp gain. Happier with £265 road tax, £340 Insurance and good mpg. For me any kind of financial stretch just ruins the ownership experience..

Love it and the car looks great!! I have had to do a bit of soul searching on these forums and with the budget controller to come to any sort of conclusion. It might take 6 weeks or it might take 6 months or even more to find the right one for me but I will know it when I see it whatever it may be. All I know right now is that it will be a 911, it will be my dream car and I will have no regrets :)

I really do appreciate the input it does help massively!

Looking at your posts overall they've revealed preferences, budget, attitude to residuals etc., to my eyes it's pointing towards a good spec 991.1 C4S for around the £65k mark, but I'm biased as that's what I'd do so please ignore me :thumb:

MJA911 said:
Looking at your posts overall they've revealed preferences, budget, attitude to residuals etc., to my eyes it's pointing towards a good spec 991.1 C4S for around the £65k mark, but I'm biased as that's what I'd do so please ignore me :thumb:

LOL! Pretty much nailed it! Took me a lot longer to work it out though :)

Not much about but as somebody said, once the 991.2 upgraders start moving there could be a few more, prices are pretty solid, which is good and bad I suppose.

Looking at Porsche's sales stats for the last few years (excluding Macans) there are plenty of cars around. It's only a matter of time and I have plenty of that now ;)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back