Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Finally found my car :-)

T8 said:
A big :welcome: to 911 ownership and to the Turbo-club. That's one hell of a first Porsche. :worship:

Other than the Golf what's your previous car history? It would be interesting to hear how your new beast compares to it and others.

Another interesting car i've owned not so much for the car per se but the amount of power that was available following a remap. This was my daily car prior to moving to the Turbo.

1235964_805862226122700_3255464322781453723_n_zpso7iravkj.jpg

10801516_805862269456029_6447853109139070473_n_zpsmt2yv5ft.jpg

solaris, lovely Turbo, and the exhaust and remap will be perfect for power but I will be waiting for the post that says , right chaps going to lower her slightly add some spacers and engine mounts and/or struts to keep it flat and focused when fast road driving. :thumb: :grin:

haha lowering and spacers are indeed on the hit list

I used Peter Morgan to select the correct car for me and I have to admit in my case it really paid off. He highlighted a few "wear and tear" items that would eventually need addressing. I bought these items to the attention of the dealer who kindly agreed to fix anything that was highlighted as part of the deal. They sent the car off to Porsche OPC to have the work carried out including a major service.

grats on a lovely looker indeed!!!!! I am still on the lookout for mine and having a similar journey in my search. Enjoy the miles and smiles :)

solaris said:
Another interesting car i've owned not so much for the car per se but the amount of power that was available following a remap. This was my daily car prior to moving to the Turbo.

1235964_805862226122700_3255464322781453723_n_zpso7iravkj.jpg

10801516_805862269456029_6447853109139070473_n_zpsmt2yv5ft.jpg

I thought I recognised that dyno from the picture ... you must know Doug and Mihnea at MRC then? :thumb:

DeathStar said:
solaris said:
I thought I recognised that dyno from the picture ... you must know Doug and Mihnea at MRC then? :thumb:

I do indeed, they may be remapping my 997 turbo, I'm yet to speak to DMS, APR is another I'm considering - they have an awesome way of putting the car into valet mode using the cruise stalk.

solaris said:
haha lowering and spacers are indeed on the hit list

I used Peter Morgan to select the correct car for me and I have to admit in my case it really paid off. He highlighted a few "wear and tear" items that would eventually need addressing. I bought these items to the attention of the dealer who kindly agreed to fix anything that was highlighted as part of the deal. They sent the car off to Porsche OPC to have the work carried out including a major service.

Sounds like you right on it mate , perfect :thumb:

solaris said:
I do indeed, they may be remapping my 997 turbo, I'm yet to speak to DMS, APR is another I'm considering - they have an awesome way of putting the car into valet mode using the cruise stalk.

MRC custom mapped my 997.1t (and my 996t and RS4 prior to that) - very happy with the results :thumbs:

Was that the one at stratstones? That one had a bonnet mod

solaris said:
DeathStar said:
solaris said:

So pleased you got the best 911 !!

Mine has been toyed with, with one of the tuners you mention without issue.

Its more GT2 now than standard..I love it and it never fails to impress me!!

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

kozzi said:
Was that the one at stratstones? That one had a bonnet mod

Yes, it was bought from Stratstone

I used MRC for my RS6... top guys. Do they do Porsche then? I assumed that they would... might nip in for a quick dyno plot.

Boba fett said:
So pleased you got the best 911 !!
Mine has been toyed with, with one of the tuners you mention without issue.
Its more GT2 now than standard..I love it and it never fails to impress me!!

Don't sell it then :)

My car was delivered earlier this week, here she is:-

Nij2V3V.jpg

Very nice, congrats :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back