Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Finally found my car :-)

solaris

I've been lurking around a while and so thought I'd share my recent dilemma faced trying to secure my first Porsche.

We all share the same passion for the brand and I always wanted a Porsche ..yada yada yada, we all have our desired model but unfortunately as time has gone by mine is now out of reach. I set out looking for a decent 997.1 C2s and as I visited dealerships and read more and more about the cars I found myself preferring the gen 2 specifically the 997.2 C2s pdk. Thinking this is what I wanted, again I starting looking for potential examples eventually narrowing down to the one I wanted to buy. I then find myself standing @Cridfords gawping at the back side of a 4s realising that they are wider! and oh did it look gorjus! Selection changed :) - 997.2 4s pdk is now the target so the whole rigmarole of sourcing the right spec, colour etc starts again. Bearing in mind the budget has gone from 997.1 money to 997.2 money I start comparing other models in the range and reading owner opionions from forum members up until the point where one learns about Hans Mezger! and then ...997.1 Turbo deposit paid :lol:

I've yet to pick up the car as i've negotiated some work to be completed as part of the sale. I'm looking forward to living with 997.1 Turbo

:lol: Great post ... you certainly won't be disappointed with a 997.1t!

P.S. Manual or Tip?

DSC06723_zpsuznu1e8i.jpg

I'll take some proper pics once I've taken delivery

DeathStar said:
:lol: Great post ... you certainly won't be disappointed with a 997.1t!

P.S. Manual or Tip?

I chose the tip, I prefer the auto

Good choice! Have to say the 997.1 turbo is an awesome car, although I found the handling of the standard car to be quite shockingly bad and therefore the first thing i did was to improve that.

rabbitstew said:
Good choice! Have to say the 997.1 turbo is an awesome car, although I found the handling of the standard car to be quite shockingly bad and therefore the first thing i did was to improve that.

The only modifications I'm planning on are a Kline ehaust and remap. I've built an 84 MK2 golf gti with an interesting engine and i'd be heart broken if the turbo isn't as fast.

14713345544_413c736f6e_o_zpsd63b2b36.jpg

44CA6649-9896-4992-8EA9-401133C47A26_zpsty293zds.jpg

solaris said:
rabbitstew said:

The only modifications I'm planning on are a Kline ehaust and remap. I've built an 84 MK2 golf gti with an interesting engine and i'd be heart broken if the turbo isn't as fast.

14713345544_413c736f6e_o_zpsd63b2b36.jpg

44CA6649-9896-4992-8EA9-401133C47A26_zpsty293zds.jpg

Hubba hubba, I think we need some more details on that beauty.....

A big :welcome: to 911 ownership and to the Turbo-club. That's one hell of a first Porsche. :worship:

Other than the Golf what's your previous car history? It would be interesting to hear how your new beast compares to it and others.

Good luck with the Turbo that's some first Porsche :grin:

That's a really neat engine install in the Golf I'll bet it's lively :thumb:

Haha.. Budget creep at its finest!! :floor:

Congratulations on the new car. I don't think you'll be disappointed with the performance.

Wow, the GTI looks gorgeous. Nice work my man! :worship:

Shewie said:
Haha.. Budget creep at its finest!! :floor:

Congratulations on the new car. I don't think you'll be disappointed with the performance.

Yeah tell me about it, but in the end I had to consider where my money is best vested, 997.2 c4 pdk or 997.1 Turbo. Time will tell if I made the correct decision.

:welcome:

Pics already :thumbs:

Not new to forum's then :D

Cool Golf and even 8) 'er Pork

Can't wait to see your plans for her :thumb:

Awesome golf! Been a few in my family although none with that motor in it. My brother had a vr6 a long time ago, I remember borrowing it for a week, incredible engine in it although it couldnt handle for love nor money.

Welcome, nice turbo :thumbs: Enjoy!
Love the MK2 GTI, had one exactly the same (minus the 5v audi T engine though :eek:). I bet the torque steer is epic on boost :grin: Brings back some good memories 8)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back