Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 GT3RS going to Auction at BCA

FZP

As per the title, just seen it on the BCA website and was interested to hear if anyone knew anything about it. Seems like an odd car to be going through this channel

Odd place to sell it. Its been used which is nice.

It's going through them because they are well known for getting retail price for Porsches at auction!!! I've actually seen it in action when I went there one day with a 997 turbo; all of the bidding was online

One might assume that it is one of the number of examples that have had significant repairs? Quite a few were properly used and abused back when they were something that depreciated in the bad old days before the values exploded...

I Had a look on BCA listing, 56k miles, mot history milage is consistent etc. Its no minter but if you could get a good look it may be wortha punt.

Senoj said:
I Had a look on BCA listing, 56k miles, mot history milage is consistent etc. Its no minter but if you could get a good look it may be wortha punt.

This one will be very interesting to see what it actually makes...

Ok, I'll start you off....and I'm not saying this "tongue in cheek"

£140k :?:

I know of a 996RS that had a verified 2K miles on it & sold very recently for £200K. That's an "investor" type of car; everything I'm being told indicates that "investors" are the only people paying top money for cars & they must be totally original, low miles etc.

Anything else doesn't seem to shift easily at the sort of money people are generally asking. The market has softened considerably in the last year or so; it might easily be that this RS doesn't go much over £100K.

Unfortunately we wont find out unless someone's actually there as BCA tend not to publish the hammer prices.

Not an investor car as Nxi says, a driver or maybe a do er upper long term keeper? Circa £100k is my guess, 110 with fees, gets a tart up and will be at an indy for 139 next spring. Assuming no horror stories etc.

Car was sold at £115k and considering BCA buyers fees are circa 2.5-4% that's good value

The chassis number is WP0ZZZ99Z4S690993 and is currently on registration PG53PXZ which has been changed from OO03RSR in recent weeks. The car has a document file including the original bill of sale, all MOT certificates, service history as well as other invoices for maintenance throughout the life of the car. The current mileage is 56225 and is a 5 owner vehicle.

Last serviced/MOT 24/03/16 @ Porsche Centre Glasgow 54424 miles.
Next MOT due 24/03/17 no advisories.
This service was a major one with all fluids changed including gearbox oil, engine oil, brake fluid, and the whole cooling system including all 3 radiators replaced.
Suspension also had a refresh with o/s/f suspension drop link replaced and n/s/f lower suspension trailing arm replaced.
Also had full suspension alignment undertaken at this time.
Tyres are Toyo R888 all round, rears are new and covered approx 500 miles and have 5mm tread - that's what they come with.
Front tyres are 1 year old having covered 1500 miles and still have 5mm tread.
Front discs are Alcon 380mm 2 years old in good condition.
Rear disc are standard Porsche worn but still in good condition.
Brake pads were replaced in August 2014 and are Pagid RS29 fronts half worn, rears Pagid RS29 still nearly new having covered less than 4k miles since fitted.
Wheels are original Porsche and have been refurbished once being repolished around the rims, anodised and then the centres painted guards red as factory.

Attachments

• oo03rsr_188.jpg
    oo03rsr_188.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 10,657
I would have thought selling at the dealer that put it through could have netted a higher return.

I was close.

£120K all in seems a good price compared with some that have been marketed recently

Given the state of the market, I wonder whether the owner was happy with
the selling price.... 8)

ELA said:
£120K all in seems a good price compared with some that have been marketed recently

Hmm...seems a good price (from seller's perspective).
From my perspective this falls a little in a grey zone.
At 56k miles and auction (which i find a risky place to buy such a car), I would as a buyer prefer to spend another £20K+ and try to get a proper collectible example.
If I was looking for a low cost example that I could abuse on track and not worry about values, then I would want to spend less than £120k.

So I think the seller did well... :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back