Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Indy service history

kempus

Hello

I normally live on the 997 forum but having sold my turbo just over a week ago a 991 C2S has come up with the right spec and a colour I can live with.

Issue being that its last 2 services have been at a reputable indy on which offers its own warranty similar to Porsche.

Now if i want to buy it and stick a Porsche warranty on it is it a case of 111 point check, fix any issues and then the warranty will go on or am i missing something?

Will having the indy service stamps cause any issues? They only use Porsche parts and the savings come from the cheaper labour and Porsche tax.

Car is 2013, c2s in white with all the bells and whistles and 38K on the clock and £48k

kempus

I think it will be the 111 point check, then a major service (with all issues and non genuine parts fixed/replaced) then allowed to buy Porsche warranty.

Dependent on what the discs/pads are like and whether it's got N rated tyres I can see that lot costing you £3k+ to buy into the warranty.

I'd be tempted to run it on the Indy warranty until next major service, get it done at OPC and then see if you can negotiate the 111 check price. Unless the dealer will knock a wedge off :dont know:

Thanks for the reply. Is there any history yet of major failures on the 991 or are they still too new?

How much difference is there to buy a similar example from OPC Approved Used stock?

These cars come with TWO years OPC warranty in the purchase price and you won't have the costs (and hassles) of a 111-point inspection, fixing all the stuff they discover and you'll be buying a car already serviced if it is due within three months of purchase already built into the purchase price.

Anybody offering a third party Insurance-backed warranty will offer an inferior warranty product than an OPC warranty.

Personally, I'd consider the price of your intended purchase with Indy stamps, factor in the cost of a TWO year OPC warranty plus estimate costs of fixes and (say) a major service and 111-point inspection versus buying an Approved Used car from OPC. You know that an OPC warranty on a vehicle not supplied by OPC has an exclusion window of three months before you can buy it? The inspection can be carried out earlier but you'll have to wait three months before you can buy the warranty. When I consider all that, I reckon the approved Used choice is a no-brainer.

But its not my choice. Its your choice.

Good luck

Hi,

Biggest problem with the dealer here is stock and then from that spec.

They don't have anything comparable in but for a mid spec Carrera with less than half the mileage 2yrs younger will cost me an additional £13k.

On the private market its again issues with spec or full red leather interiors but to get something similar with an OPC warranty £8.5k extra I'll be putting in and making a compromise with the interior colour.

Plenty of cayman gts on the go with black interior and warranty but not so many 911 of any generation.

Kempus

Had not realised you are in Dubai.You will have a better idea of the local supply and availability then I will based in England.

I cant offer any more advice as ordinarily I'd just say check individaul OPC's as they are all different with some parts of Stratstone and oher being stand-alone or part of another group such as Rybrook.

Dubai though, I haven't a clue.

Good luck

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back