Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Thinking of a Cayenne - please talk me out of it!

I've just come out of a Cayenne 3.0D (958) after 10 months and 12k miles. I've yet to do a write up on here :roll: but in summary would I buy another, No. Would I buy a Macan, Yes. Would I buy a FFRR/RRS, Yes.

Cant fault the build quality and equipment levels if you spec it high enough. If you want to drive it like a sports car it will, if you dont then it needs a better gearbox as the 8sp TipS is not set up for stop/start congestion :nooo: There are plenty of times when I wished it would start off in 2nd gear and not decide to go in 1st all the time and then up/down the gears like a fiddler's elbow :what: OPC checked it, reflashed the software etc and opined there was nowt wrong with it.

Kimbo said:
Thinking of a Cayenne - please talk me out of it!

Ugly and driven by posers, only slightly less naff than a Range Rover Sport.
Will that do?

A bit of a generalisation Kimbo, and one which I'll take back, given that the newer shape is actually not too bad and if I had the money I'd probably try one.

The Ugly and driven by posers category has to go to the new HUGE BMW THING that nearly put me into the side of a roundabout today. What was it? I don't know. Massive black, blacked-out, BMW 4 x 4, bigger than a Transit and driven by a shaven-headed, thick-necked, tattooed arse with a big watch.

I guff in your direction.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back