Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The search for the holy grail is at an end...

Marky911 said:
Stunning car Geoff that you've clearly cherished.
What is its replacement if you don't mind me asking? You'll miss that feeling of being wired directly into the car.

Hi Mark, not really sure what the replacement will be yet. As an overall package taking into account performance, noise, handling and engineering/reliability, I don't think you can beat a 996 GT3 in the £50-£70k bracket.

As you say, I did get the feeling of being wired directly into the car. Have not driven a 997 GT3 but I wonder whether you get the same feeling since T/C was added though you can switch it off.

Decisions decisions then Geoff.

My friend Paul who also owned my Mk1 CS moved to a lovely white '7 GT3 CS but just didn't gel with it. No big gain in performance but still raw, although not on the same level as the '6 and just a bit crashy and hard work. Our crumbly Northumberland roads aren't ideal for these cars though and setup can alter hugely from car to car. Loads of people love the '7.
He sold it on within a month and moved to a 991 GT3 which was awesome but is like comparing apples to oranges when looking back at the old 996s.

I'm sure you'll have fun sampling things and deciding though. Enjoy the search. :thumb:

PS Just don't hang around on here watching how squeaky clean Dan gets the old girl. :grin:

Nice one Daniel, looks and sounds like a really nice car, congratulations!

Let us know if you do the Brighton thing.

:thumb:

What a sexy looking motor! Congrats on the purchase, hope you have many happy miles in the driving seat :thumb:

Congrats Daniel - looks stunning - Enjoy mate :thumb:

Very nice, but I'll wager not as good as your last one.

I wish I'd have bought it when I had the chance.

PeterS said:
Very nice, but I'll wager not as good as your last one.

I wish I'd have bought it when I had the chance.

I was offered my last one back, but chose this one! I'd say better.

great news and a splendid choice sir.

I love speed yellow. my fave car. could not find one when I was looking so guards red was a second choice.

Fantastic looking car! Congratulations. MK1 CS are the best. Enjoy.

Fantastic looking car! Congratulations. Enjoy.

Nice car OP but a £45k spend :eek: hope it ends there

Kryton said:
Nice car OP but a £45k spend :eek: hope it ends there

If it doesn't it will be up for sale lol

That is a beauty, congratulations

Stunning looking car !...and many congratulations too. A Brighton breakfast is
a good call or maybe it's time for a curry ? :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member