Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Which Boxster ? up to £8k

j8fbr

Barcelona
I want to add a Boxster to the stable, Is it the same as the 911's manual, Black ??? 3.2 ? the ones to go for ?

have up to £8k to spend so will that get me a facelift or not ?

£8K is a healthy budget to get you into a facelift 986S. Facelifts have added bonus of glass rear window and no ambers and many have 18 inch rims which look better.
Manual more desirable than tip same rules apply as for a 996 911 except no bore scoring issues to worry about.
Good luck with the hunt and head over to Boxa.net for plenty of info and the odd nice car for sale.

Really, people are just going to tell you what they prefer.

I think the early cars look purer and ambers are a plus not a minus. 18 inch wheels don't do the chassis any favours, either. So my money would go on an early 3.2 with ambers, a dual-row bearing and pre-minifacelift clocks and 17s with extended leather since the plastic interior is grotty.

pothole said:
Really, people are just going to tell you what they prefer.

I think the early cars look purer and ambers are a plus not a minus. 18 inch wheels don't do the chassis any favours, either. So my money would go on an early 3.2 with ambers, a dual-row bearing and pre-minifacelift clocks and 17s with extended leather since the plastic interior is grotty.

Totally agree with all that.

And your first point is spot on and the problem with all internet forums, be it cars or hi-fi.

I would add that £8k is not a lot, despite what you read. You'll be spending £2000 at the first service.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back