Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

986 Boxster drivers side wing/fender

Cutzzz

Hello, new here and looking for advice on something. I am trying to remove the drivers side front wing fender on my Boxster 986, but it seems to be impossible to find any advice or instruction on how to do it online. I have the wheel arch liner removed and can see the Carbon filter (I think) but have no idea where the wing is actually connected apart from the obvious screws between the bonnet and wing itself, also one bracket under the headlight tray?

I cannot open door fully and are curious whether there is bolts behind the plastic cover that is situated there?

Also will removing and reinstalling the 'carbon filter' be in any way harmful to my car?

Thanks

Cutz

Not replaced a wing before im afraid .. thats more of a body shop job .. i would have thought it would be similar to a 996 .. if so theres a manual here that might help .. you want the Body section ..

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=83491

carbon canister can be removed but not a good idear to drive it without one , will be a massive airleak when it tank vents .

EDIT ..

Actually .. see if you can download this or view .. manual for it .

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz-WSQUdRZyXdzVraGQzdFp0Tm8/view?usp=sharing

Thanks Demort,

I've actually nearly got it off now, most of it is away from the car just got one stubborn torx head that i knew about anyway, everywhere I was stuck on before is now free from car.

Just need to get another wing, fit it and put the jigsaw back together. It's been an absolute ball ache but feel a sense of achievement now.

Won't drive car until a new wing is back on and carbon canister is attached.

Hopefully all sorted within a week or two and back on road!

Excellent , well done .. i think the manual says were to put seam sealant / tape when replaceing , got to admit i didnt read it that much .. ill leave it up for a few days if you want to download it .. pm me if it doesnt and ill alter settings for it .. i cant see if it downloads as it just logs me in !

Also jobs like this are why i just do the mechanics lol .

Yes I've got it now, in iBooks on my phone! Will come in handy, it doesn't seem to show that if any sealent is needed on the wing. There didn't seem to be any on the part and have removed it fully today!

Just hoping the new wing aligns well and that should be here tomorrow!

Thanks again

Cutzzz

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back