Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Alcantara

Slayer

Hi all,

Does Alcantara trim on seats and steering get 'dirty' with time , loosing its appearance ? Easy to maintain when compared to full leather?
( just day to day normal use only😄)

Thanks for any tips/ advice

I have alcantara centre seat panels on my daily Merc, they do get dirty and the pile gets crushed flat, but just a wipe with water and mild detergent like washing powder gets them clean and dandy, treat them like suede and use a softish brush :thumb:

Thank you Kris.

Just thinking of leather vs standard part leather Alcantara while spec'ing a Merc

Massive difference in price for A45 AMG as it does not give the interior leather only without the premium package.

Ahhh, standard leather in a Merc isn`t leather, it is manmade leather :nooo:

Make sure you clarify this before you order your car :thumb:

My daily is an AMG E350 sport and I didn`t realise this until on the drivers seat the " Leather " started splitting and is definately not leather, unless thay have started to weave cows these days :nooo:

You will eventually loose the knap on steering wheels unless you wear gloves as the sweat and dirt on your hands will turn it smooth.
Regular cleaning and use of a suede brush will help keep its appearance.

I don't think using a suede brush is the best idea. Its too stiff for Alcantara.

For steering wheels I'd recommend Chemical Guys Nonsense cleaner and two microfiber cloths.

Spray the cleaner into one cloth quite liberally, then place over the wheel and using two hands work the cloth back and forwards like you are wringing a cloth out. Then use the other cloth with a little water and repeat.

I was amazed at how well this worked. A slightly different technique for seats but it works well.

Regards
Fred

Alcantara is a fabric and should be cleaned with a fabric shampoo and hot water extraction. It can be protected with an Alcantara Protector
This method should not be used on suede (but this is extremely rare in cars)

Hope this helps
Judyb

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back