Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Refund on unused Porsche Warranty

T8

Super Moderator
I'd always known that an OPC warranty could be transferred to a private buyer and would be voided if the car was sold to a non-OPC dealer but I only learned yesterday that if you sell the car to any other car dealer you can claim back a pro-rata amount for the time remaining.

Just thought I'd share.

The refund?

MONEY_SMILEY.gif

not to dredge up a thread from the depths but as I'm about to trade in my 997 (after only renewing the warranty 3 months ago) I'll be testing this. The terms and conditions of the Porsche Approved Warranty do indeed say that you are entitled to a pro-rata refund; I'll post a how to when/if successful!

Ditto :eek:

T8 said:
I'd always known that an OPC warranty could be transferred to a private buyer and would be voided if the car was sold to a non-OPC dealer but I only learned yesterday that if you sell the car to any other car dealer you can claim back a pro-rata amount for the time remaining.

Just thought I'd share.

You can only claim back (pro rata for time remaining) - but only if you have not claimed on it. (however minor the claim may have been).

That shows confidence in the cars then. I think T8 has his engine out twice a week.

MC

lucky for me I haven't claimed and will only have had one and a half month's of cover from it! We'll see how much that translates to pro-rata

Pro-rata ought to mean the amount of time left from when you cancel to the original expiry date. There may be a cancellation charge of £50 or similar. That's what Warranty Direct do anyway, so if you cancelled 45 days into a 365 day policy, they would refund for 320 days, subject to their not being any claims.

MisterCorn said:
That shows confidence in the cars then. I think T8 has his engine out twice a week.

MC

Twice in 3 weeks actually. :hand:

ps. I did know that it the refund was only if a claim hadn't been made but as I've had my next 3 years worth in the last 3 weeks I can't complain.

Fingers crossed it won't let me down in the next 1200 miles / 4 days. See you at Le Shuttle ........ in 8.5 hours time :eek:

:bye:

T8 said:
MisterCorn said:

MC

Twice in 3 weeks actually. :hand:

ps. I did know that it the refund was only if a claim hadn't been made but as I've had my next 3 years worth in the last 3 weeks I can't complain.

Fingers crossed it won't let me down in the next 1200 miles / 4 days. See you at Le Shuttle ........ in 8.5 hours time :eek:

:bye:

Lucky for me I only have 7 hours and 2 miles to go. German engineering FTW.

MC

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back